Cultivated Reef

The Nano Cube Cracks - Getting to the truth...

drwatson

I know this is a hot, if not overplayed topic, but I have been watching this forum very closely over the last couple of months and feel it necessary to help the people of this forum as well as newbies get to the bottom of the truth. I have no doubt that cracked nano cubes do exist, I am just wondering about the real statistics behind the issue. When I first begin researching nano cubes (sometime early last summer), there were zero posts to be found regarding the cracking issue. I absorbed every post I could on the nano cube, from every forum available to me. In fact I read hundreds of posts regarding successful keeping of the cube, with little to no complaints. There was one guy on some other forum (fishforums.net maybe ?) who disliked the JBJ nano cube and begin preaching about a cracked cube he obtained. Sometime, just a few months back, the crack issue began on this board and now seems to be the hottest topic. I don't own or know anyone who owns the 24g, however I do own a 12og and know quite a few people who own the 12og, 12dx, and 6g nano and (so far) have not had a problem. My problem with this whole topic is separating the truth from the hysteria. Forums are full of people who love to stir up dirt, spread disinformation, and start arguments. Case in point: I am a big photography nut and several years back someone posted a thread regarding focusing issues with a Canon G2, that thread started a chain reaction. When ever someone took an 'out-of-focus' picture with their Canon, it somehow became the cameras fault. The problem, however, never existed, as many people can attest to including myself; it was simply hysteria created by just a few unhappy and uneducated individuals. Now I know what you are thinking, my thread is pro JBJ and con to the users with cracked cubes, but this could not be further from the truth. I honestly do believe a problem exists (do to the fact that some very intelligent and honest individuals on this forum have attested to the problem). So after careful reading and thinking, I just wanting to put some questions out there to hopefully put this issue to rest...

1: When did you purchase your nano cube ?

2: Where did you buy your nano cube ? (include name of merchant)

3: Did you buy your nano cube online ?

4: Who shipped your nano cube (if applicable) ?

5: How did the package and packaging material look (if applicable) ?

6: Did you modify your nano cube ?

7: If you modified your cube, what mods were implemented ?

8: What model/edition nano cube cracked ?

9: How long did it take for your nano cube to crack ?

10: Where did the crack appear ?

I think what these questions will determine is important. Many have suggested the glass on the nano cubes are too thin. Not everyone, however, has had the cracking problem. Either some are defect, or all have the possibility of cracking with a catalyst such as (in example) shipping and handling being a factor. This is not in any way to place blame onto the user or JBJ itself, but could be helpful in finding a root cause or commonality to the issue.

You have to realize that most the problems are with the 24g's and not with the 12's. Chris Jung even posted a few times that he does not believe the problem is as bad on the 12 as it is on the 24! I think this problem has proved itself to be more than "hysteria" as property damage has been cause to a few owners already. There's no denying that their cubes had cracked.

When JBJ themselves, comes out and makes a post that 3% of their cubes are cracking...you know you have a problem.

When people's houses are being damaged by cracked cubes...you know you have a problem.

When major retailers state that they are halting the reselling of the cubes do to cracking...you know you have a problem.

When the Manufacturer themselves come into the community to address the "problems" and then disappear without answering any further questions in public for months...you know you have a problem.

When the Manufacturer is blaming the cracking on Modded cubes when it has been shown that a lot of stock cubes are cracking also...you know you have a problem.

~randy

GruntSculpin

Why don't you just go through the crack-rate poll and filter the data? Its something that needs to be done again, anyways.

Chris

In fact I read hundreds of posts regarding successful keeping of the cube, with little to no complaints. There was one guy on some other forum (fishforums.net maybe ?) who disliked the JBJ nano cube and begin preaching about a cracked cube he obtained.

Dr. Watson...since I have one of the major posts on fishforums.net on the 24G, in fact, the only one, you'd better go back, search it out, and come back and tell us if that thread is mine that you are referring to. If it is, you'd better get your facts straight...because, I did not 'obtain' a cracked cube. It cracked latently. Not only that...I don't preach, I try to participate in discussion and share information and also try to benefit from the experience of others. That thread is entirely devoted to getting people up and running in a 24G NC. I enjoy the nano cube...still do..but...am stuck with a cracked/cracking tank. It is for the benefit of others that my startup thread was 'edited' to show a warning about cracks..not to create hysteria, but to 'INFORM' others so that they could do their own research and decide for themselves if there is risk in buying one. Speaking of research, I agree with GrantSculpin.

If the person you are referring to in your post is NOT me, then....nevermind......SH

Steelhealr, it was not you, this was probably a year ago if not more. In fact I thought of you when i said the following in the start of this thread:

I honestly do believe a problem exists (do to the fact that some very intelligent and honest individuals on this forum have attested to the problem)

randygsx

You have to realize that most the problems are with the 24g's and not with the 12's. Chris Jung even posted a few times that he does not believe the problem is as bad on the 12 as it is on the 24! I think this problem has proved itself to be more than "hysteria" as property damage has been cause to a few owners already. There's no denying that their cubes had cracked.

I never said the problem was hysteria, but the problem can become hysteria when ever single person who comes to this board thinks it's a bad idea to buy a nanocube. We need the facts.

When JBJ themselves, comes out and makes a post that 3% of their cubes are cracking...you know you have a problem.

Maybe, or maybe they are listening to us, and that is important. I don't know many manufacturers who would risk even posting a thread on this forum, it would be suicide.

When major retailers state that they are halting the reselling of the cubes do to cracking...you know you have a problem.

I don't know anyone who have halted sales other than nanocustoms. Foster Smith, all of my LFS, etc. still carry and recommend the nano cubes. Do you have proof ?

When the Manufacturer themselves come into the community to address the problems and then disappear without answering any further questions in public for months...you know you have a problem.

Manufacturers rarely ever post on forums, it's a very bold move. I don't know the facts, only JBJ does. I am glad at the very least they did make a post.

When the Manufacturer is blaming the cracking on Modded cubes when it has been shown that a lot of stock cubes are cracking also...you know you have a problem.

Well if you know anything about warranties and/or disclaimers than you should know that anytime you modify any product you are at risk for violating the manufacturers guidelines. You have to look at their side of the situation, from a legal standpoint they have zero obligation to back any claims where the product has been modified. If you read JBJs post, they did not out right blame modded cubes, they suggested plausible reasons for the cracking.

Everyone Else

I do not intend this thread as an attack. I am trying to put things into perspective. Whenever someone comes onto a board and says brand x is junnk, we need the facts. I stated that I honestly believe there to be a problem, but lets lay things on the table. I am reading post after post of JBJ sucks, or JBJ is horrible, or nano cubes are poor products. I don't like childish antics, I enjoy a mature atmosphere to discuss fish keeping. If people need to discuss nano cube problems, make it a sticky thread and put up the facts, not rants and raves. The only reason I am doing this is to keep this forum sane. I love this board, but I have seem many go to the way side once the negativity takes over.

Still no dog in this fight, but yesterday I took the wife to hsow her what a NANO cube was.....and at this point, I am no longer considering one as my wife has purchased everything necessary for a SW setup and using an all glass (I think its all glass as I have not seen any of it and won't until Aug the 8th, as its a present for me, but wa told its a jam up setup and DO NOT BUY any SW stuff)but anyhow I took her to the local fish shop to show her the cubes. The owner had 3 or 4 of them going previously over the past couple of weeks, as he sets up cubes and sells them as completely setup units......well we walked in the store, and not a NANO to be seen anywhere not even ones still in boxes.......When I asked he said, well you asked a while back if I had any cracked ones, which I did have a few, and then all of a sudden he had 4 customers all brink back in 24 gal cubes and 1 12 gal with a crack, and that was not counting 2 of the ones he had setup and cycling with critters in already, one of which I was anticipating on buying.......so he pulled out all the critters, and placed them back in his stock tanks, and has washed his hands of NANO cubes until they get their act together.........I thank god, I waited, as I definately would have had a tank that gave up the Ghost.

I just have to think there is a lot more to these cracks than the word thats out, and JBJ is certainly much aware of the problems in more ways than one........its certainly not hype generated by one or two irrate cube owners.

I think you need to do some legwork and look at the trend in the business.

Aquabuys - were blowing them out for 149.99 shipped. Now all lines are on "backorder" and have been for the past 2 months.

DrFosterSmith- were asking TOO much for the tanks, and now, are blowing them out at 20% off. I have heard some people who have posted that the employees said once they are gone, they are gone for good.

Petsolutions - Dont carry the 12g DX, and are pushing to get rid of their 24g.

Custom Aquatics - Call TODD, the main guy there, ask him his opinion about the products. He will probably tell you that he wont carry JBJ because they crack/break on him too regularly and it was a hassle.

When these things happen, this forum represents a cross section of the consumer public that is unique, in that we come here to post our success/failures.

When a "regular" customer has an issue, the complaint is issued to the vendor. I think the actions of vendors indicates that their faith in JBJ products is dwindling, as products continue to come back and the vendors are left holding the bag.

I think the "hysteria" isnt from the fact that JBJ has been on the forums or has replaced units.

Its how they have handled this issue. When a pump fails or a light bulb fails, no biggie. But when evidence suggests that the potential for injury is great, ie a tank cracking and getting water on electrical components, its a big deal.

I posted that AGA was responsible in recalling their 95g "WAVE" tank, not because 3% of the tanks were cracking, but because there was a potential to crack. We've gone beyond that now. We've moved into actual figures, where peoples property,livestock, and lifestyle are at stake.

This is time for the CPSC to get involved and I'm pretty confident that there have been complaints filed against them.

True, nothing stated above with respect to vendors can be "proven".

I think Chris mentioned that JBJ had cut him off and not the other way around, despite the fact that the other half of his business was in shipping "stock" units.

-Hank

If you look at the polls, you will notice only 64 people voted in the JBJ Recall thread. In the What is the REAL Nano Cube Crack Rate thread only 151 people voted. I apologize in advance, but these numbers are way too low to suggest the cubes are bad or good for that matter. Over 10,000 hits were registered on the JBJ official annoucement thread (some most likely the same people over and over), but how many people voted or even posted whether or not they had a problem ?

Hank -

I think you need to do some legwork and look at the trend in the business.

I honestly don't know the business trends. If your post is factual information and not second guessing a businesses decision to put something on sale, etc. than so be it.

When these things happen, this forum represents a cross section of the consumer public that is unique, in that we come here to post our success/failures.

I agree, I honestly was just worried. I have seen many forums disolve when complaints take over. I think people should complain and have a right to share with others, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Out of hand being when people starting posting 'this sucks' or 'that sucks' just to fuel the fire.

When a "regular" customer has an issue, the complaint is issued to the vendor. I think the actions of vendors indicates that their faith in JBJ products is dwindling, as products continue to come back and the vendors are left holding the bag.

I again do not know the facts.

I think the "hysteria" isnt from the fact that JBJ has been on the forums or has replaced units.

It only takes one person to light the fire. I only took one individual out in California to take the Pledge of Allegance to the supreme court. Does that person represent the majority ?

Its how they have handled this issue. When a pump fails or a light bulb fails, no biggie. But when evidence suggests that the potential for injury is great, ie a tank cracking and getting water on electrical components, its a big deal.

I agree.

I posted that AGA was responsible in recalling their 95g "WAVE" tank, not because 3% of the tanks were cracking, but because there was a potential to crack. We've gone beyond that now. We've moved into actual figures, where peoples property,livestock, and lifestyle are at stake.

I agree and if there is a problem, than JBJ should be responsible to recall the product. I also agree that fish keeping is a risk. Once you throw 20 lbs of rock and sand, etc into a tank full of water that is plugged into the wall than the risk is yours, not theirs.

True, nothing stated above with respect to vendors can be "proven".

It's a hard case, like i said earlier only JBJ knows the real facts, we are only left to guess. I am in the process of converting my salt tank to fresh water. To be honest it is unsettling not knowing if I myself will have an issue or not, but I cannot decern wheter or not the problem is isolated at this time.

I'll play along -

Originally posted by drwatson

1: When did you purchase your nano cube ?

2: Where did you buy your nano cube ? (include name of merchant)

3: Did you buy your nano cube online ?

4: Who shipped your nano cube (if applicable) ?

5: How did the package and packaging material look (if applicable) ?

6: Did you modify your nano cube ?

7: If you modified your cube, what mods were implemented ?

8: What model/edition nano cube cracked ?

9: How long did it take for your nano cube to crack ?

10: Where did the crack appear ?

My FIRST Nano Cube CRACK - Code Name "Alpha Cube"

1) May 14, 2005

2) A LFS in Metro Detroit - Pet Solutions

3) NO

4) JBJ via distrubtion to LFS

5) According to JBJ - pallets to LFS, stocked on shelf by LFS

6) YES - Minor Level Mods

7) Cassette Skimmer, REPLACED malfunctioning pump w/ MJ1200, Hydor Flo nozzle, LED Fuge Light for Chamber 2 (but had not implemented Fuge before CRACK occurred)

8) 24 Gallon Nano Cube OG

9) 27 Days, Tank CRACKED FATALLY on 6/11/2005

10) Top right corner to bottom right corner, expelled shard of glass approx 1.5" x 0.25" from side of tank, spilled 12 Gallons of water on carpet, through floor, through basement ceiling, no loss of Livestock.

My SECOND Nano Cube CRACK - Code Name "Beta Cube"

1) June 11, 2005 to replace the Nano Cube dumping water all over my office

2) Same LFS in Metro Detroit - Pet Solutions

3) No

4) Same as above

5) Same as above

6) YES - Minor Level Mods

7) Transferred above mod to new tank

8) 24 Gallon Nano Cube DX w/ NVMs

9) 7 days after transfer from Alpha-Cube

10) I noticed 3 hairline CRACKS in the upper part of the top right corner. 10 days after that I noticed 2 hairling CRACKs in the top Left Corner

My THIRD Nano Cube CRACK - Code Name "Gamma-Cube"

1) June 27, 2005 shipped from JBJ as replacement for Beta-Cube

2) Directly from JBJ as warranty replacement

3) No, direct from JBJ

4) JBJ shipped via UPS Ground

5) Plenty of packing peanuts, lots of styrofoam and a SMASHED GLASS TANK - freakin' lucky I didn't shred my hands taking it out of the box!!!!

6) NO - this one was SMASHED beyond any possible use.

7) NO

8) 24 Gallon Nano Cube DX w/ NVMs

9) 0 days, arrived SMASHED at my front door

10) Centrally located in the middle of the front glass, looked like someone stuck their foot through it.

Hope the info helps. Let me know what you and Sherlock come up with!!! In the mean time I'm heading out to see if I can finalize a deal on a new Acrylic Setup!!

I am not saying the liability should always fall onto the individual. I think the risk is always there, however. I am a very strong advocate for consumers rights as over the years I have noticed a decrease in these rights. On the same note I have also noticed an increase in frivolous lawsuits, etc. That is why I feel it is important to try to get as much factual and useful information on the table (and hopefully centralized) as possible.

I sympathize with people who do have the problem, if I happened to me I would honestly be outraged. What I need to know is the honest to gods truth: is this problem isolated or does every single tank have potential for failure ? I also agree with many other folks on a proposed solution as acrylic does equal peace of mind and that might be a very viable option. Just remember acrylic scratches like butter, when it comes to a salt tank full or rock and sand you have to operate like a surgeon. If they invent scratch proof acrylic we will finally see the end of glass.

BTW - I'm the guy that started the "Nano Cubes SUCK!" thread - do you think based on the above info that I'm entitled to that opinion? That first CRACK did significant damage to my home. My Insurance Company is going to cover the majority of the expenses, but I'm out a $500 deductible and looking at my premiums increasing for the next 5 - 7 years due to this. My Insurance Company called me yesterday - they wanted JBJ's contact info - apparently they're going after JBJ for the repairs to my house.

I'm also the guy that started the CRACK Poll. Do you think I was wrong to do that? My assumption was that this is the largest collection of Nano Cube hobbyist anywhere, I would assume that people who LOVE their Nano Cubes would jump at the opportunity to click a button to tell us their's has not cracked. I guess I over estimated the LOVE of this product.

In JBJ's last post - what was that over a week ago now, I sure am glad they're staying involved - they said that simple / minor mods like what I did, would not void warranties. Look at JBJ's brochure for the Nano Cube, they even mention it's a great tank for DIYers. How can they say MODs = No Warranty, when they're marketing to DIYers?

Delta-Cube (JBJ's second successful attempt to replace my cracking tank) is now sitting in my BASEMENT! My house can't stand anymore water damage!

I never said the problem was hysteria, but the problem can become hysteria when ever single person who comes to this board thinks it's a bad idea to buy a nanocube.  We need the facts.

It's hysteria if cubes were not cracking (like your camera example). But cubes ARE cracking. JBJ admitted it in their announcement!

Maybe, or maybe they are listening to us, and that is important.  I don't know many manufacturers who would risk even posting a thread on this forum, it would be suicide.

JBJ posted in NR to open a line of communication to our community. For that, I commended them in the thread. Then they disappeared...

I don't know anyone who have halted sales other than nanocustoms.  Foster Smith, all of my LFS, etc. still carry and recommend the nano cubes.  Do you have proof ?

You need to do some legwork yourself. Read up in the forums (or Hank's post).

Manufacturers rarely ever post on forums, it's a very bold move.  I don't know the facts, only JBJ does.  I am glad at the very least they did make a post.

I was glad also...until I realized that they didn't address anything.

Well if you know anything about warranties and/or disclaimers than you should know that anytime you modify any product you are at risk for violating the manufacturers guidelines.  You have to look at their side of the situation, from a legal standpoint they have zero obligation to back any claims where the product has been modified.  If you read JBJs post, they did not out right blame modded cubes, they suggested plausible reasons for the cracking.

Please re-read my post on this. There is no denying that if you mod your nc that you shouldnt expect to have any warranty claims approved by JBJ. The problem that I was pointing out is that they are trying to blame the cracks on Modified cubes to try to mask the fact that ***STOCK*** cubes are cracking too. Smoke and mirrors.

Your intentions for this thread were innocent but you obviously haven't done the legwork. As said earlier, your survey could have been filled out yourself by reading through the other threads. Posting a new one wont get you significantly more answers that are in the other threads.

~randy

Your intentions for this thread were innocent but you obviously haven't done the legwork. As said earlier, your survey could have been filled out yourself by reading through the other threads. Posting a new one wont get you significantly more answers that are in the other threads.

I have read through the forums, the problem is separating out factual information from the missinformation. I need people to answer these questions without heating up debate. If you look at the other threads they go off track. If you wanted to file a class action lawsuit for example, you need credible information to back the claim, otherwise any lawyer would dismiss this information as hearsay. I am not trying to be difficult or play devil's advocate, I am just trying to get people to think, and put things into perspective. The problem with forums is one person yells fire and a thousand people run.

Any newbie who comes onto this board will most likely read the numerous threads on the problem and then turn away with disatisfaction towards JBJ without proper eduction on the issue. For example, it is very hard to decern on this forum whether A) This issue happens to all nano cubes, or B) It is related mostly to the 24g model. The reason is simple, the issue is beginning to bloom. It starts with 'there is a problem with the 24g model' and ends with 'JBJ products are bad'....see my point ?

Again, people are reading between the lines, this is how misinformation begins (case in point). I never mentioned your 'Nano cubes suck' thread or your Poll for that matter. My original thread was in regard to a post made a year or longer ago on another fish forum. The poster on that forum claimed that nano cubes were junk, I even believed he recanted his story after making another purchase of a nano cube or something to the like. I will dig it up if I can to clarify, but I think it has no bearing on my point.

Dr. Watson.... I still find it sobering that many other tank systems have not gotten this kind of overwhelming response to tank issues. However, considering that s'NEIRBO went the distance and my crack was soon followed, I'll join him in responding to your queries:

1: When did you purchase your nano cube ? February, '05

2: Where did you buy your nano cube ? Ebay

3: Did you buy your nano cube online ? yes

4: Who shipped your nano cube? lfs in South Carolina

5: How did the package and packaging material look? intact, classic peanuts and double box

6: Did you modify your nano cube ? Minimally

7: If you modified your cube, what mods were implemented ? extra pump, hydor flo, back chamber fuge (no dremelling or drilling)

8: What model/edition nano cube cracked ? 24G DX NVM

9: How long did it take for your nano cube to crack ?about 3 months

10: Where did the crack appear ? upper right corner in the seamless corner

SH

I think people should complain and have a right to share with others, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.  Out of hand being when people starting posting 'this sucks' or 'that sucks' just to fuel the fire.

"case in point"?

I have provided all factual data concerning my 3 CRACK incidences, and I titled a thread "Nano Cubes SUCK!". A bold statement to alert people of the problem I had. As an Engineer, I thought that I was well past the "CRACK" issue phase after day three. Imagine my shock / rage / horror / anger to come home on day 27 to find a fatal crack.

With a month having gone by, and looking back, could I have possibly thought of a better thread title? Sure. Maybe "WARNING! My Nano Cube CRACKED after 27 days and DAMAGED my House" would have been more approriate. But while I was syphoning the last of the water out of my tank into a 5 Gallon Bucket so that it too didn't end up in my carpet - the only thing I could think of was - "Nano Cubes SUCK!" Rage tends to dull poetic thoughtfulness. But then again, after considering the events of the past month, "Nano Cubes SUCK!" still seems appropriate.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree on this point.

As an Engineer in pursuit of answers, I wish you luck in your investigation, and look forward to your findings. I have spent many hours thinking about these issues, and discussing them with other collegues in the Engineering field. If you'd care to "bounce" ideas / theories, let me know. You can PM me to keep it off the boards if you'd like.

OK, I have stayed silent for to long. This is not just on the cracking issue. I to did lots of research before buying the cube. Seemed everyone liked it. I did order mine on ebay from a lfs in CO. Exotic Aquatics. They shipped it double boxed with penuts. It arived and could not wait to open it up. FIRST thing that I noticed was the my splash guard was cracked and bulbs broke. I called EA fish store where I bought it. He contacted JBj and they said that they have had a problem with LFS saying the bulbs were broke and they were not and he wanted to talk with me to make sure this was not the problem. I called franklin from JBj he wanted me to hook it up since one bulb was good and make sure everything else was ok. One fan would not come on. He said that he would send me a new canopy ASAP. I got it two weeks later. I got the NEW hood. It had scratches look referbed the the splash guard was broke all to hell. This is when i seen all these post. I looked at mine. on the right side in the seems you could feel bubbles. I got the flashlight out and could see small cracks. I called the guy i bought it from and told JBJ. I do not want a refurbed one I want a new one. I have not even put water in this thing. They sent me a new one 2 weeks later. I opened it and could see how they have made some mods on the splas guard to cover the whold thing. Smart move. Everything looked good. I Turned it on. lights came on, both fans came on. I was happy happy happy. I went to the ballyst to turn off the lights and the fans went off but the lights stayed on. I called the guy that i got it from. He called JBJ and they said that this cannot be that they run on the same switch. I told him that I can film it on my camera and burn it to CD if he would like and he siad that it cannot happen. I still have a Nano cube not setup that I have had not for 2 months.

I must say one thing. Kudos for they guy I bought it from, he is fighting with me every step of the way.

As an Engineer in pursuit of answers, I wish you luck in your investigation, and look forward to your findings. I have spent many hours thinking about these issues, and discussing them with other collegues in the Engineering field. If you'd care to "bounce" ideas / theories, let me know. You can PM me to keep it off the boards if you'd like

Honestly, I sympathize with you. I guess I like many other people on this board need peace of mind. How do you define peace of mind ? By finding out whether this problem is isolated or is probable with every cube out there.

One small note, though it isn't directly in reference to the cube, my nano stand was in semi-poor condition when I got it from my lfs. There were sratches and some of the pressed wood was deformed. Putting it together you could not see any of the design flaws as they were in the back and inside the cabinet, but still it's worth mentioning.

I don't see how your list of questions 'gets to the truth...'...since these are all questions that Nano Cube owners who have had their tanks crack have already answered--are you saying that those people whose tanks cracked are lying or "is misinformed..." that perhaps their tank didn't crack at all, it was all just one big wet dream?

If you want to get to the truth...figure out the standards for aquarium glass thickness SHOULD be...you will realize that nano cube's glass is that thinner than what is required...which is why the problem incurred mostly in 24 gallons and not 12's...the water volume increased but the glass thickness, did not to make up for the increased volume.

The problem will only be isolated, if JBJ recalls all of the cubes, and does something about it. People have had their tanks set up for 6 months to 1 year before a single hairline crack ever appears--so I would have to say that with every cube out there, it is PROBABLE. Now, does that give you peace of mind that you got an answer--or did the peace of mind you want mean that you want the answer you wanted to hear?

And then ask yourself...why car seat manufacturers, children's toys or even kitchen gadgets have ever been recalled...because of hazardous incidents (to not ALL products, but some which have caused red flags for them to be recalled--they're not gonna wait until all the children who are sitting on those precious carseats suffer injuries before they recall anything...). People's homes have been put at risk with these tanks cracking--with fires that have luckily have not incurred complete home-damage. I don't recall saying anything in the box or manual saying "Danger: May cause fires."...and any aquarium manufacturer who says that they do not cover the dangers caused by having plugs near water is a MORON.

Archived