Innovative Marine Aquariums

I Quit!

anthony812

hahah..j/k...

but i am upgrading to a larger tank after the move..i am moving in January and so i have decided to sell off all the contents of My tank..Any SoCal reefers please help me out if you know someone that will buy everything off me..I am asking $850.00 for all MY LIVE STOCKS...the tank has been reserved for Ben and Ken to fight over..hahaha..

It is actually a good deal, the is 24 different SPS , some are rare but all are large frags to colonies, 25 different color COMBO Zoanthids..yes 25!, and other stuffs..so you think..55 different corals plus 9 fish, inverts and LR..just on the corals and fish it runs to be ~$12/coral and you get the LR plus inverts for FREE! so i do believe its a good deal..

here is the link to the pictures..this is a crappy page that i created in 5 minutes..

http://ayreef.tripod.com

TIA for all the help and support...I am not planning on piecing out piece by piece..i really want to sell it as a package..oh, and for any of you that wisht o upgrade your tank..this is your perfect opportunity..its not too big and not too small..and the tank is amazing..for all you who have seen my tank, you will know that i have nothing but the highest quality stuffs..

THIS IS NOT A BUSINESS!

I've seen anthony's tank, it is definitely a great looking tank!

If you cant find any buyers for the whole package, I will be up in a heartbeat to buy a few things from you!!

BTW those zoos I got from you last friday are doing great!:D

if i can't sell it as a whole..i will piece it out..but that will bein January..but if i can sell it whole now..i will..^_^

and thank you all for the kind words..

Hey anthony, what size tank are you upgrading to? And do you know of any local LFS's that sell tanks for decent prices? I'm looking towards either another 29gal. or 40gal breeder.

Dave - again HAHAHAHAx2..I am not quitting..just that i have all sps and very few softies..and i am starting up a new larger tank..I live in apartments..we don't have the extra time for me to set up the new tank at the new place and wait for everything to cycle..and i HATE moving a tank down 3 flights of stairs! let along with corals (sps),....I guess i am being responsible here by selling it to others who have established tanks..where i don't have to risk in my new tank

Bass- Its a LeeMar 100 GAllon Custom..36"L x 30"W x 24"T, Starphire Front panel, 3/4" glass, Euro-Bracing with 2-1 1/2" holes for sea swirls, Glass Overflow with 2" drain, 2-1" holes on the back panel for close loop..using either Mag12 or 18..Iwaki 40rl for return pump, ETS Skimmer (Mag7), Dual Chamber Calcium reactor, 40gallon tall sump/refugium. Lighting: 1x400W PFO HQI with Radium 20K Bulb, 2x90W VHO 50/50, 2x30W Actinic 03 NO.

I am getting the tank custom built for $650...stand/canopy will be custom built for me by my woodshop guy for $80..30" stand and 14" canopy.

If you are choosing a 29 or a 40 breeder..go with a 40 breeder..the cost won't change much..or you can just get a bare 50-60 gallon tank for $40 at fish 2000..hahaha

Hey anthony, are you getting that Lee-Mar tank straight from them or ordering thru an LFS? If thru LFS, which store? As for 50-60 tank for $40 at Fish2000? Don't those size tanks usually have tempered bottoms? I plan to have my tank drilled and have Clint at Black Coral install one of his overflows & plumbing sh*t. And who/where are you having your stand/canopy built? You think he could build me a stand/canopy too for either 29gal or 40gal? Shouldn't cost more than what you're paying right? If I go with a 40gal. I can slip either a 20 to 29gal. in the stand for the sump. ;)

Bass- i am getting it direct from LeeMar, and yes..i do believe those are temper glass on the regular 50 they sell...but you can always order one drilled for alittle more..but ot much..i am expecting extra $60-80 for the hole and overflow and they will drill the hole then piece the tank together..if you go witha 40..you can slip any 30" tank under your stand without problems..and I will ask about the stand and canopy that you want..the guy is charging me the cost of material ONLY without any labor cuz he owes me a huge favor..I can give you a quote on that..but i am thinking no more then $150 for BOTH the stand and canopy

anthony,

150 for materials and labor? I REALLY need a new canopy made soon but cant find anyone in SD that can help me out. I wouldnt mind driving up if your guy can make a canopy for my 65.

Ok..i have UPDATED the sale page..please take a look now and if you knwo anyone..please refer them to me..thanks a bunch..

lub u guy..hahhaa

http://ayreef.tripod.com

Desk- Please give me the EXTACT dimensions you want..what style and what thickness wood..you will have to paint it yourself..i hope that is ok.. let me know

hi anthony,

that is one awesome looking tank!!! I too am starting an SPS/zoo tank with some clams.

Anyway I had some questions for you if you dont mind answering :P

Where do you buy your zoo's? Im down in San Diego and no one (not even Aquatic Warehouse) has zoos looking like that? Also where did you buy your SPS?

How do you like the radiums? Radium now sells a 20,000k 175w bulb ... I was thinking of putting that over my 20h

Thanks,

Auron

auron,

I hear you man!! Im in SD and I can NEVER find anything like his. I did go up and buy a few frags from him but I cant frag them yet too small. But once they start growing I can trade you a frag. I think the best I can do right now is ripping off a few polyps.

printerdown01

I'm in SD too... I can tell you that LA and SD have killer selection of zoos!! You really have to hunt for good stuff (this is true just about everywhere). P.S. It may help you out to ask what days the stores recieve their shipments... You can usually find me there the day after it arrives :P . So Cal has a much better selection of zoos than just about anywhere I have seen.

Auron - Most of my SpS were Frags that i bought from other local reefers, and the Zoos, ou REALLY have ot be lucky adn search hard..I am like a reef junky always searching disregarding the prices....the Zoos are mostly trades or thru mail order..not with company but other reefer, i think i have stpped buying stuffs from LFS as they are overly priced and the selection sucks..As you move along your reefing career, you will soon be disgused with the common corals and start to seek those beutiful, colorful and rare species.

I would not recogment a 175W radium as i don't think they have enough par as they aer too blue, if I were you, go all out with a 400W HqI jsut built yourself a higher canopy for it..hint hint..i can get a canopy built for you for $70 but the only thing you hvae to do is coat it and paint it yourself, for a 30G, I can built one that is 18" tall..hahahha

Here in SD I always see the same old thing orange, green, brown, and yellow over and over again (trust me it used to be worse only ron would go up and hand pick). I did come up with two nice ones but its always few and far between. Yeah I go to aquatic and ron's (octopus garden) on there shipment days and yeah there are a few treasures from time to time but trust me, none compare to what anthony has in his tank (now some in my tank :D ). Then I have to sweat over the price that aquatic puts on them ($60 bucks for greens!!). Ron gives me better deals because ive been going there for tooooo long, but he rarely gets any of the rare ones.

Like anthony said you get tired of the same old thing and you find yourself having to mail order.

example: in five years how many of those SWEET LOOKIN florida ricordia have I seen here ZERO :

always green or orange yuma for 35-40 bucks a polyp

You know what works too? I like to take drives up to orange county from time to time they get a lot of nice stuff. When you get tired of the same old stuff take a drive up. Theres a couple places up there that offer some nice rare pieces. Not sure why they dont ever end up down here, maybe they get to it first?

Hey maybe we can arrange some kind of field trip :D

carpool are way up and stop by a few different shops

then well just have to fight over the merchandise :D

Archived