SaltCritters.com

White Crab lurking in Live Rock

cindyandjosh

cindyandjosh

Today I was looking at my tank and saw a little white arm that was hairy as soon as I would move his arm would go back into a small hole in the live rock, so I waited for about 10 minutes and then noticed movement on the other side he was walking around for a bit he didn't have a shell moved really quick he was white all white and he had small claws.

P.S I also have a clown percula m.i.a.

You'll need to post a picture of it for anyone to ID it as it could be any number of crustaceans. Until its ID'ed try to get it out of the tank via turkey baster or some kind of trap and hold it in quarentine.

White crab...sounds like a Porcelain Anemone Crab to me. Those are the only white crabs I know of. We aren't talking hermit, are we?

I saw the same thing in my rock yesterday. zAll i could see was a white claw picking stuff off the hole in the rock it was in. I have no idea awhat it was though, but since it was a claw i guessed it was a crab.

Fish mia? Probably the crab . . . I lost about $300 worth of fish before I figured out what was happening . . . expensive food for an ugly little crab. Catch him and get him out asap!

Archived