Top Shelf Aquatics

13W PC light/ballast at WALMART $10

tanakiye

GX23 sockets can be found at any reputable lighting store. I have a local store called Maynards that sells them. Do a search on Google for "GX23 Sockets" or just "GX23" and take your pick. Just don't buy them directly from the manufacturer. I called them and they rob anyone who buys them for $12 each if you can believe that or not.

As far as them being "Tar Ballasts", I don't have a clue. But I will tell you that if any of you have bought the 13w Bright White kits from AHSupply, it's the same exact ballast. AHSupply is also in my city as well. It all depends on how much you want to analyze the ballast versus how much you want to use it. I use mine... have for 2 years with no problems.

Originally posted by RudeBoy

As far as them being "Tar Ballasts", I don't have a clue. But I will tell you that if any of you have bought the 13w Bright White kits from AHSupply, it's the same exact ballast. AHSupply is also in my city as well. It all depends on how much you want to analyze the ballast versus how much you want to use it. I use mine... have for 2 years with no problems.

I'm glad to hear they are working fine for you. I used tar ballasts on my old freshwater tank but this time around I was wondering if it was really worth the money to buy the electronic ballasts. I was never really clear on all the differences but it sounds like it doesn't really matter. I'm going to stop by Walmart and take a look today.

tahta dual 13 watt thing from lowes looks like it has a tiny tiny electronic ballast for 13 watters. i dunno where u would get an ele ballast that small otherwise....

nishant

Archived