Top Shelf Aquatics

Returning to the hobby after some time, a few questions

AttackDonut

AttackDonut

Some time ago, I had a 5.5 and a 10 nano. For various reasons I had to leave the hobby. I'd like to return, looking into a more "all in one" solution.

Naturally, I looked at the JBJ solutions. I've read here that the 24g has issues, but the 12g is a safer alternative?

Talking with some people at a local fish shop, they mentioned a competitor to JBJ is coming out with a product that demoed at the last big show.

The could not recall the name of said product.

I'm not in any hurry, planning this out (for a change!) rather than rushing in, so I'm asking for info.

As an aside, does anyone make (I'm terrible at DIY projects) in sump skimmers for the JBJ nano cubes?

Cheers!

In general, no. Many have to be DIY'd. I have the 24G and as you can probably see, many are having cracking issues. The 6G and 12G seem to be less affected, but you may want to think and research this here before considering one. Chris at nanocustoms is developing several new products which look like they are going to be cutting edge. If you have time, you may want to kick your heels back and follow the progress here. SH

Archived