SaltCritters.com

missing pep

chvynva916

Some times days go by adn I don't see mine either. wait untill after dark. when you lights goes out make sure all other lights in the room are off too. Come back n an hour or so and flip on an indirect light, like a lamp or adjoingin room light. See if you can seen scampi then. My scrimpker swims all over the place but only when it is dark. Also try baiting him. when ever I feed spirulena wafers he pokes his head out of his hidey hole to see what is going on. Sometimes if I hold a piece next to the spot he is in he will take it from my fingers.

i agree try to catch it at night or bait it and if those don't work i think it would be safe to assum it is dead:(

If you throw a little food in at night and it does come right out (within 1/2 minute)...I probably wouldn't bother continuing to look. Ten days is an awfully long time to not see a shrimp in a nano.

he was never a timid shrimp before, he was always out, especially when I was feeding my fish. He was so healthy though, I can't imagine why he would have died. The only think I can think of is he might have been shedding and my giant bristle worm got to him. He seemed to just vanish though? Its probably better for my tank overall (he was always walking over and bothering my corals), but he had such a great personality. I will miss him. I can't believe I miss a shrimp. Is this what my life has come to?

My Coral Banded hid for weeks and I was sure he was dead until one day I found his shed skin floating out in front of the rocks. He is over 5 years old now and has put up with a lot over the years. Does anyone know how long they will live? I am amazed each time I think about how long I have had him

Here is a pic I took today with my Coral Banded climbing the rock and a freshly shed skin below him under the front of the rocks. Sure wish I could get the hang of resizing pics to post. The original pic is crystal clear at 1280x960.

Archived