ReefCleaners.org

NanoCube Heat Problem

nanocuber

I have the original NanoCube and I am having a problem with it running at around 85-86 degrees durring the day. I keep my house between 75-78 degrees. Durring the winter, the house was set at 72 degrees also, but the temp in the tank was fine. Anyways it has all of the original equipment (pump and light), and I have added a small powerhead inside the tank for extra circulation. I also have a heater, but have unplugged it to see if that was the problem. Do I need to get the nanocustom.com ICA, or should I first start by adding two fans (since the original didn't come with any)?

Thank!

I've also read that the stock pump is a killer for heat issues! You may want to try removing it and if it runs well then purchase another mj606 or something. I had a problem with my heater(jager 75w) it was off about 4 or 5 degrees so I set it lower and it has been great ever since. Hope this helps!

The stock pump does add a lot of heat and swapping it out for a minijet will help tons. What type of pump is your second pump? I would just turn that off in the meantime and you should se a drop in temp.

Archived