Pod Your Reef

Halo 2 Playaz!!!!

FloorLord

I am looking for the Maptacular Multi-Player Map pack, (disc) not sure if the first new set of maps, is on this one, if it is not, I need that disc as well!

PM, or E-mail me, danematejka@yahoo.com

Will pay $$$, or trade coral, zoas, mushies, Neon GSP, etc...

D

yeah, I have them DL'd, I just need them for my "other" XBOX! hehe, just don't really wanna spend $20!

D

that is what everybody said about Ps2 vs. XBOX, but, the truth is, there is no comparison, and it will be the same, Sony is a huuuuuuuge company, but, not nearly as big as Microsoft, dude!

from the reviews about both, (so far) I am going to shoot for the 360! (even tho nothing compares to my "modbox"!)

D

I watch G4TV as well and they also did a review on both. PS3 Beta tested better than the 360. They said they graphics jump on the 360 was not that much. They were saying the PS3 should be the next leap in home gaming. I will wait for that and pick me up an old Xbox when the 360 comes out for cheap!

360 was pushed for marketing and just to beat PS to the punch for Christmas.:)

how did i miss this thread, lol, i think that PS3 will be better with graphics and performance but then again, Halo3 is only coming out for the 360. Dont know which one i'm going to get yet.

See, Pili has my back!...lol

PS3 will have better graphics and a more advanced game play for the home gaming. Microsoft wanted to get the sells first and Sony wanted a better platform.

You cannot compare the PS2 and the Xbox. Of coarse the Xbox has better graphics it came out like 2 years later.

The specs on the PS3 seem better Xbox 360 IMO. It’s going to definitely have blu-ray and it is capable of outputting 1080p(the highest form of high definition). Microsoft had to get their system out sooner to have any chance, so that’s what they did. There are more PS people then Xbox people and they hope to steal some of them away. I'm not saying I will not buy an Xbox but I'm sure the PS3 will be better.

So what if Xbox 360 has Halo 3, with the way Halo 2 turned out I almost would not get Halo 3. Halo 2 was amazing for graphics, but the story sucked. It was just a bunch of over the top graphic intensive stages with no real point other then to throw a bunch of bad guys at you. Halo 2 was more of a commercial for halo 3 then a game (just look at the ending). The on-line feature is nice but the people you play with just kill it for me. I can only take so many 8 year olds telling me to give them the -insert weapon- if I want to win. Or listen to the lame trash talk after every round. Kids don't you know swearing will not make you sound older if you want to seem older you should smoke.

Next generation games should be amazing and there will always be Xbox people and there will be PS3 people, its like Chevy and Ford. For now unless something changes I’m a PS3 person

has anyone read the hardware review? Ps3, has way less performance.

The game developers, themselves, (both consoles) had even said, the XBOX 360 games that everyone has "tested" and "seen" are not even a 1/4 of the power they will be. PS, does not even have a working title. Half Life 2, Halo 3, nuff said.

And it does not matter how long before PS came out, they are virtually the same system, in terms of technology, the hard drive, and graphics proccesor, make the XBO a better system.

360 has already anounced high-def, also. Plus it will be backwards compatible, which the PS will not be.

And, Halo 2 was INSANE, I thought the story was AWESOME, and the multi-player is also AWESOME!

I'm not sure what reviews you have been reading. The PS3 is most definitely backwards compatible, in fact I saw somewhere it may be compatible back to PS1 games. The PS3 will outputs 1080p which is twice the amount of information as the XBOX 360 is at 1080i and better then 720p. Not only can it output 1080p but will be able to output to two outputs.

The PS3 is using bluetooth for its controllers and will support up to 7. The Xbox uses radio frequency and will take 4. The PS3 has 802.11 and bluetooth built in. The Xbox is 802.11 ready you will have to buy an adaptor. Look at the lists of inputs and outputs on both systems. The PS3 has 6 usb ports Xbox 360 has 3. The PS3 has CF Slot (Type I, II), SD Slot (Regular, Compact), Memory Stick, and Memory Stick Duo. The Xbox has 2 Xbox specific memory slots. The PS3 had DVI and optical built on with Xbox you will have to buy an adapter. Both will have hard drives, playstation just had not said how big theirs will be. The Xbox is using dual layered DVD which holds 9GB the PS3 is using blu-ray disks that store a minimum of 23.3GB and up to like 54GB.

Here are several links that say the PS3 hardware is better or equal, the Xbox may be easier to develop for but PS3 will get plenty of support from developers.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x-1985-x-x-x

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps3/games/feat...res/45329.shtml

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2453

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59134

The XBOX 360 has working titles, that good it comes out in only a few months I would hope they had some working titles. They have been showing these titles for less then 6 months. The PS3 is not going to be released until late next year. I'm sure we will see working titles from Sony in a year, a few months before the PS3 is released.

If the only argument to buy the Xbox 360 will be halo 3 I would have to pass with the way Halo 2 turned out. I'm not saying halo 2 was a bad game, but it did not live up to the hype in my book. Both systems have big game franchises, Halo on the Xbox, FF and metal gear on the PS. I by far prefer the game selection on the playstation to the Xbox.

I cannot say if the PS3 will be better then the Xbox 360 but from what I have read, based on features and specs and personal opinion, if I had to pick one it would be the PS3. Only time will tell.

I gues the only solution is to buy them both. Personally I am sick of all first person shooters an from my experience the playability of the playstation has been traditionally better. I currently oen both and use my PS2 for all the sports games and of GTA!!! Playability wise what do you guys think.

I like xbox games better IMO. The online will be better and so forth. SO will teh graphics. Teh first games that are coming out are not anywhere near the graphics the machine can put out.

Isn't everyone forgetting the Nintendo Revolution?

Seriously though...I think it would bad move on any system to wait until PS3 comes out. Sony has a very large customer base, but the XBox 360 will be a killer system.

And for the record, as a Halo fanatic, I agree the story isn't the best, but the multi-player is breakthrough. Its awesome hearing an 8 year old say he's going to pwn me or that I've been pwned. Very humbling.

Originally posted by BelowH2O

Its awesome hearing an 8 year old say he's going to pwn me or that I've been pwned. Very humbling.

lmfao

send me a FR, xDIGGITYx

D

this just boils down to Personal Preference!

personally, I owned a PS2, for about a year-and-a-half, then purchased an XBOX, I gotta say, XBOX hands down, is a waaaaaaay better system! In fact, I cannot think of a single blockbuster title, other than SOCOM, that is exclusive! The online is a joke, and there is rarely downloadable content.

sure the 360 is not 1080p compatible, but, I personally don't even own an HDTV, let alone one that powerful!

as far as those articles, most of them are almost 3-4 months old, and don't even really say they prefer one or the other.

Personally, I think the PS3 controllers look hideous, and I don't like the fact that it will not have DVD burning features, or the abilty to read mutiple types of disc's.

I think that the 360, is going to be much more versatile as far as Mutimedia goes also!

just my final 2 cents!

maybe someone should start up a thread in the general section! lol

D

Archived