SaltCritters.com

What do do with my supercharged cube?

Fliger

I know that nano-customs didn't know what they announced today - when I ordered my tank a couple weeks ago. But it's a real bummer for me, I just spent close to four bills for a custom tank. Now I don't know what to do. The funny part is I haven't even really took the whole thing out of the box!

Only the lid and ballast to see if it worked. (and it did, it's very nice) But only for about 2 minutes.

Now I'm totally bummed. I really feel like for $400 I could have built a really nice set-up or gone with something else.

Are there any options here? Just hope that it doesn't break? That's hard to do when the builder doesn't even trust the company enough to continue doing business with them.

Will my expensive new canopy fit on nano-custom's new tanks? I really hope they do, otherwise I'm just a few bill poorer. :(

If its a 12g, I don't think they are having nearly the same problems as the 24g. I have had my 12g set up for 7 months with no problems and have moded the crap out of it. I for one don't think lighting mods will have any effect on tanks cracking.

Sorry, mine is just a 12G. So the 12G aren't having the same issues? I have lotso expensive stuff in there and would hate to lose them in a crack.

Chris, can you confirm that my new hood will fit on the new tanks being built? That would be sweet.

Dave-

just to be clear, my concerns stem from the 24g models and not the 12g models.

This is why i have postponed modification of the 24g until i can secure an acrylic substitute.

I will be producing a 12g model as well, but feel that you are relatively safe.

To make it clear, it was JBJs decision to "drop me" not the other way around.

I still have great confidence in the 12g DX and have had one in my house for over 10 months.

Chris

Thanks Chris for the response. As I have my DX, I will just run the new canopy on the old tank, and run the new tank with just water for a couple months. I want to mod the tank anyway.

But now I don't want to do any business with JBJ anymore, based on another thread. I always thought their lighting sucked anyway - most of us that have been at this for 15+ years know their PC fixtures had a high failure rate. I was extremely surprised and impressed when they came out with the NC. I should have known it was too good to be true.

Well, thanks again for the fantastic custom tank. I have to get it up, but I'm in the beginning of a move.

Regards,

David

I filled the thing with water and turned on the lights and I love this thing. The light is great. I'm going to do the mod that Tigah suggested, and upgrade the return pump. Will be barebotton with black starboard. Will run ROWAphos and Carbon. Nanobob's skimmer, and a Tunze osmolator for water top-off.

I'm also getting an Aquatronica controller for my 340, which can control more than one tank, so I'll also be able to control this one with the controller.

It's really awesome. I see that it's officially on the website. I would really recommend this thing. I'm glad I waited, and didn't end up with the T5 version - I think this is fantastic.

I'll run it with tap water for a few weeks until I'm SURE it's not going to leak, then over go my exotics!!!!

Archived