Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JBJ 12G Nano Cube Deluxe

goalie098

So this is my first post to the board. After lurking a few days and reading as much as I could it looks like the JBJ 12G Nano Cube Deluxe is a bad idea. Sounds like people have problems with them. Any suggestions about what other brands / equipment would be good for a 10G-12G cube for the office? I am think about some low/moderate light corals, 1-2 small tank raised fish, and a cleaner shrimp. Thanks

I've had a 12g Nano Cube Deluxe for 9 months and havn't had one problem with it. All my corals and fish are doing great and the tests come up fine every time.

I have to agree. The 12g is pretty rock solid as far as build quality and construction. If you were to ask me on the phone or in email, i think i would tell you that the 2005 12g DX is probably one of the best "all in one" packages you can get.

I own one and have about 3 in the office that i have owned previously (gf made me get them out of the house).

Chris

I have two of them both on JBJ stands and the only issues I have had with them really have been involved with shipping and a glass flaw on my first one. But all was taken care of on there end.:)

Love my Nano Cubes!!

tag along. i am planning to have 12 gallon cube also. only problem i am worry about is the heat problem from PC light. i also have 20 gallon with pc and i have a heat problem with it, so i bought a chiller. it seems without a chiller my tank wouldnt cool down. so for me to have another chiller (1/10 Hp) is out of the question, specially for a small tank.

but i been reading a lot about ICA chiller, i am wondering what is review about this small chiller in nano-reef.com

So are the 12g dx 2005 models more resilient than its counterparts (6g or 24g)? Is it less likely to crack wide open? I hope so because thats what I have and so far I only see 1' to 1.5' scratches on both glass bends. BTW I've had for 4 mos.

Cholesterol

It seems that the bulk of the problems have been with the 24g. I have a 12, and half of a 24, and the 12 has been very good to me. A few tweaks (upgrade pump, maybe overflow mod) and I think you'd be very content with a 12g nanocube.

Well this is encouraging. I really liked the idea of an "all in one" solution. I am looking to put one in my office. Are there any protien skimmers that are effective for this size tank. I'd like to put some hardy "low/moderate" light corals (mushrooms and polyups) and a couple of small tank raised fish. Maybe a small Percula Clownfish, a small Goby, or a Firefish. Could even put in a cleaner shrimp in place of one of the fish.

Does the pump commonly need upgrading for water flow?

goalie,

i believe many people upgrade for the sake of upgrading their tank. my corals are flourishing under the stock lights and stock pump of my 12g dx. the only thing i did was put live rock rubble in the first and second chamber of my cube to have as much bio filtration as possible. the equipment is fine.

Hi..I have to agree with the above and Chris..even being the owner of a cracking 24G. I think you are safe with a 12G and it's a great starter/contained system. Just inspect it thouroughly when you get it and water test it. You should be fine. Enjoy it. SH

bonecrusher71

Beleive it or not i have an old school nanocube 24w i had for a year

with no problems have 2 clowns 1 peppermint shrimp a torch candycane

and some zoas all are doing fine think my clowns are breeding.

Thanks for all the feedback. My LFS has one I could pick up. They suggested I wait for the AquaPod from Current sometime this month. I wish I could say I was waiting to make an informed choice but since I just upgraded the lights on my 55 and I am buying a new protein skimmer this week I will probably wait till next month to start. Have to pace myself or the wife raises those pretty eyebrows. I will be doing one soon though. Thanks again

Mine was craking but like not deep at all. Besides that every thing is good.(there are a few reasons why I think the cracks happened though)

I have my 12DX set up since May. Doing great so far but having some issues with heat (temp now at 82.4 done fighting that so will leave it stay that temp). I've got the Maxi 900 with Aqua flow and no other pump for now-took out the Minijet 606 because of heat issues.

Anyway, it is solid, no cracks or problems with the cube itself. Though I will warn you if you get a pistol shrimp/goby combination, it will give you gray hairs when you hear the pistol click his paw. Reading the posts about cracking tanks, I can say I've had some frayed nerves when that little pistol does his thing.:o

I've decided to pass this tank off onto my brother in law, not because of 'issues' with the tank itself (I wouldn't do that to my sister, she would make me pay till the end of my days if anything happened), just eyeballing a 20 gallon show tank that I may not be able to pass up.

Good luck with your Nanocube 12dx.

arbee,

Very funny. It kills me everytime someone says "Their just fish. How entertaing can thye be?". People have no idea how much fun this is.

Archived