Coral Vue Hydros

ID please.

MBavsh

Seems to be a little different from the "jewel anemone"... I have some of those (had, doh!), and as far as I can tell, the stalks are short and thin, and a clear light-orange. Corynactis has a longer, wider, opaque stalk.

fishybusiness

Ah man thats what those are! I had some of those before I blasted them with Joes Juice. I thought they were white Aipaistia or somethin. When I was cycling I didn't take any chances. I hope some survived the onslaught.

Well, they may well act the same way. They do have the ball-tips, which can imply a powerful sting.

Pretty, though.

Hey cool! I think that's what my pom-pom crab is carrying around in his one claw....and it's kind of orange, too. Of course he holds it upside down...so the poor thing has almost turned itself inside out to get the light...:D Maybe when he puts it down to moult he'll pick it back up right-side up...

I spilled a big shot of some Joe Juice on these guys by accident and they're still alive, I've got quite a few of these in the tank, they seem to be very hardy as they survived my tank cycle last year, in addition to the JJ.

Another thing, I noticed that one of these guys was attached to a zoo frag rock and it had some colonista snail shells inside it... must be a powerful sting...

I thought jewels were cold water species?

Thanks for the info,

I got 75 gal tank thats being used for LR storage. And these guys are all over the place.

And they do seem to be able to pack a punch, touch them with your finger and you feel them stick to you. I'd imagine that they aren't too friendly with corals.

Archived