Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pushing my luck...

Ihaveafish

Ihaveafish

My tank is six months old. It's a 20g, lots of live rock, 1 clown and 2 peppermint shrimp. Today I bought a Mandrin and a small mushroom frag for it.

I only bought it because my tank has matured pretty quickly. I have a ton of pods running around, but still I am a bit nervous for the little guy. I'm not into killing fish because they look neat.

I know I'm pushing my luck, so I would like to know what signs to look for incase I have to take the little guy back... Can anyone tell me some signs to look for that would show that he is unhealthy/starving...?

Here is a pic of him, getting ready to go in the tank...

Maybe a couple months. I would say a few weeks though. Not enough pods in a 20 no matter how many u have now. That is a really nice mandarin though... =) good luck! try feeding live brine btw...

If it starts getting thin take it back & try to do this before the stomached gets pinched, try frozen mysis (Healthier than brine) and see if it will eat those..... Good Luck!

Brine has little to no nutritional value, you could try cyclopezee, mysis, frozen rotifers but they might be to small, things like that.

It WILL NOT survive unless you feed it live foods, or get it onto frozen. These guys need a LOT of food, too. Just to reiterate what was written above, NO BRINE SHRIMP, either. They have little to no nutritional value, and while the fish will look plump, he'll be wasting away from nutritional deficiency.

Poor choice, man. :(

Reefer Addict

Take it back.. Did the guy at the LFS know the size and age of your tank before he sold it to you? If so, I would frequent another store...

Archived