ReefCleaners.org

New Tank!

jburke30

Hey All,

I finally got my 20 up and running. I didn't get the LR that I wanted (mainly due to costs), but I got a good deal on some okay stuff that's starting to shape up nicely. The tanks been running for 9 days now, and the chemistry is perfect (did a bit of dosing to bring up the alk at first). Here's a pic.

Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to put in it. I was thinking of some cleaner shrimp, a royal gramma, and some type of blenny (I'm thinking scooter blenny, but I still need to do some research on how they keep in a nano) for fish, and seom mushrooms, sea mats, and star polyps for corals (I have 110 wats of PC lighting though, and I'm worried about having too much light on these guys).

Any recommendations?

PS: The main reason this finally happened is because my damsel gave up the ghost, and I was about to throw in the towel, but when I took the rest of my critters back to the LFS they gave me a really good deal on the rock and I just couldn't say no =).

Originally posted by Djm9288

looks good, who do u got to as yur LFS?

I go over to Reef Systems on north 94 in St. Charles (just 2-3 blocks north of hwy 70). Their LR is only so-so, and they have every nusance critter known in their tanks (I did manage to get a stalk or two of Aptasia - I'm just leaving it alone for right now). However, their prices are faily reasonable, and they usually have a very good selection of fish. The staff is pretty knowledgeable and friendly, and they have some understanding of what a nano tank is (they don't look at me cross-eyed when I tell them my tank size, and they've given me good advice given my tank size).

All in all I'd rate them at a 3 out of 5 stars. If it wasn't for the nusance critters they would easily rate a 4 or 5 because of the great staff and reasonable prices.

Is there a store that you go to in town? There's a couple that I havn't been to yet and I need to check them out (unfortuantely, Reef Tanks over on Natural Bridge Road went out of business. They had awsome prices - probably why they went under).

Archived