SaltCritters.com

Yellow Clown Gobies Fighting....

lavalars

So I have 2 yellow clown gobies in my nanocube 12dx. They got along for a few weeks, but now one of them is getting picked on. :*( I'm planning on adding a perc clown and a royal gramma, will this new fish help them to not fight, or should I remove one?

You need to remove one. Multiple clown gobies can't be kept in one tank without them fighting. Sorry! :(

You'd think the LFS would have mentioned that, but I was talking to a stupid dude instead of my usual contact. :)

Yeah... It's always good to avoid the stupid guys at the LFS. Generally, ANY advice from the LFS will be questionable. Best to do your research at home. Anyway, people seem to forget that you can always place the coral/fish/critter in question on hold till close while you go home and make sure it's right for your setup. No need to tell them that so they insist that it IS--just say you need to think about it, or to test to see if the water conditions are right, or whatever else.

I'll try that. I know this sounds stupid, but is there any chance that adding a third one will help? I know some fish just arent meant to be in pairs...?

Archived