SaltCritters.com

someone aughta write a book

Nishant3789

ya know ive been thinking, someone really really aughta write a book on nano-reefs! itd do everyone much much good and itd releve the pressure from flameing people ( sorry dave i know its been fun!) who are begginers etc. what do you guys think?

nishant

If Dave ever finishes a few chapters I can send it to my agent at William Morris and we can try and get him published. I have offered the service to him, free of charge. Now he needs to stop going on the odd rant and focus on finishing the book.

i think he fears the spell checker! :

dave,

you can use the forum as an outline. and i'm sure chris would love to add your book to his merchandise showcase. i'm still waiting for the nr branded wicked weasel bikinis tho. :woot:

you could fill up half the book with various members' tank pics. ;) add a 'jokes' section and you're done! :P like hasty mentioned, don't let them edit out your biting edge and 'sarchazim' tho. ;)

who's gonna play you when they make it into a movie? ???

Dave's book is actually only a one page flier. It reads as follows:

So, you want to learn the ins and outs of keeping marine fish and reef tanks? Well, do some research ya frickin moron. Do you expect me, the SARCHASTIC LUNATIC, to do all the work for you? Start searching and then ask your idiotic questions. (note, any spelling and grammar errors are intentional).

Actualy I have a title...

The Unofficial Guide to Nano-Reef Keeping.

"Flamers Edition"

I have topics , I have articles, I have some pages written, and 2 chapters Pseudo done. I DONT want to focus on rehashing crap that is covered in Basic fish 101 books, so the ENTIRE FIRST 12 PAGES WILL BE PERFORATED AND CAN BE TORN OUT OF EVERY BOOK I SEND OUT. :D It is a stand alone NOOBS book that way, when some one new gets in the hobby, the person whoowns the book, can simply vent the frustration of answering " Waht is the proper salinity of salt water and how do I mix it?" by simply saying....

SEARCH ! and rip the pages out, Toss them in the air and walk away. :D

Tell me thats not hilariously original.... !!! ! !!

yeah Its comming along. just takes a LOT of time to do it right and not plagiarise like a MO FO ie: Eric Borneman..:D

yes, and my Spellchecker does work, but it annoys me when it points out mistakes, so I turned it off.....

The Unofficial Guide to Nano-Reef Keeping. "Flamers Edition"
dave better watch out with the title "flamers edition" the #####s might get little excted and think its sumthing elese,Chris

yeah you could use pics of our tanks! it would be cool to have a nano-only book with out all the simple basic stuff taking up space and time.

well its NOT the real title Chris.....

its still not decided...

Metz, It will have to have some simple stuff otherwise it wont be a stand alone book. I wont go into rehashing the same crap, Im focusing on specialized aspects of NR-ing and DIY plans and stuff like that. Lots of Usefull charts and stuff. It is looking like around 100 pages of text or so. I donno, it will be a 5 x 7 sized "Pocket Guide" book... I hope.

More on it in a month.

Dave, don't send your book to a Canadian publisher our Spell Cheque is different than the American Spell Check.

:P

I'm a bad speller but I'm a gooder grammerer.

printerdown01

There are a couple of paperback books out there. They look more like informational packets than books but they will probably work. I havn't read any of them, so I cannot attest to their knowledge. But I guarentee that they are without color photos :P which will make for a boring, but cheap book. I think Rock Anemone on this site knows where to find one or two of them. He actually sent me a link to one, a while back.

Archived