Innovative Marine Aquariums

Some of my best Corals photos

paradise

This is the stuff from yesterday, btw, if anyone is local, this is from Big Fish in Chatsworth, CA.

coral-july05-01.jpg

coral-july05-02.jpg

coral-july05-05.jpg

coral-july05-06.jpg

coral-july05-08.jpg

coral-july05-09.jpg

coral-july05-11.jpg

Very nice.

I wish I had the money to get a DSLR camera and a macro lens, you just can't beat it.

Do you edit for WB after or does the camera do a very good job with WB?

Thanks for sharing

Thanks, Sinistard. Yeah, DSLRs are good cameras.

IT's impossible to do good WB, because the lights are 20,000k and the sensor can really only reach 10k. But I shoot RAW so it's fairly simple to adjust by eye, using a white or black point on the photo.

Damn.. AMAZING. They look like damn paintings!

Thanks guys. Obarrera, it's not my tank, I have a ######ty Nanocube12g, this is at a LFS. And it's not a tank, but a SW system for coral resale.

Originally posted by paradise

Thanks guys.  Obarrera, it's not my tank, I have a ######ty Nanocube12g, this is at a LFS. And it's not a tank, but a SW system for coral resale.

Haha that sucks then, but make sure to post some pics if/when you get a tank.:)

Originally posted by obarrera

Haha that sucks then, but make sure to post some pics if/when you get a tank.:)

Man, I dont have the patience for SW. I love taking photos of the corals and fish, but keeping it is a different story. I will be selling shortly my whole setup, 12gDX Nanocustom'ed by Chris, with the S-Stand and all the corals and fish. Just have not gotten around to taking pics of it so that I can sell it. Will probably ebay it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a professional quality setup. "dont try this at home, kids" type of setup.

Camera : Canon 20D

Lens: Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro

Flash: Canon 420EX

Controller: Canon ST-E2

Total cost around 2K. :) But I dont just use it for fish pics. egfoto.com, check it out :)

NEVER SATISFIED REFFER

wanted to see what you guys think of my pic's with a 5 year old nikon coolpix 950. Taked by hand... no tripod.

DSCN0097.jpg

my best shroom...

DSCN0129.jpg

Archived