Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dwarf Angel fish? how many in a 90 gal?

oc00l

Hey i recently aquired a 90 gal tank with livestock and live rock and such my problem is that ive allways wanted a Flame angle and with 90 gallons would be a good tank for him the problem is that i got a coral beauty with the tank and i still really want a flame but if one is the max ill have to keep the coral and if 90 isnt enough for 2 why? i know its suggested 30 gal for one.

Thanks

Willie

You should have no problem with the Flame Angel in that 90 gallon tank. The problem is that they are not considered reef safe i think. They might eat it, so I would be careful. But tank size is good.

BKtomodachi

I wouldnt... trade the CB for the flame at the lfs!

Dwarf angels are often limited to one per tank (up to very large tanks) becuase of agression issues, not nessicarily stocking.

You could try for both, and it could work, though. Then if it didnt, give the CB to a lfs.

I agree, I think this will be a hit or miss situation, you could rearrange the LR the day you add the flame so they both have to set new territories. But if there is any aggression one would have to go.

Good Luck,

Just keep an eye on them. They'll be VERY aggressive toward each other, and you'll probably end seeing one on the floor or shredded on the sand.

Heh.. No, they won't. Only in a VERY large tank, and 90 is pretty small in the grand scheme of things...

if you add them both at the same time then they will be fine

There is no guarantee even if you add them at the same time.

No, they WON'T get along, nomatter WHEN or WHERE they're added. You'll end up with one dead angel and one possibly injured one.

• 2 weeks later...
AndrewAquariumPlanning

angels generally like to be the only angel in the tank... they aren't the worlds biggest fans of one another.... dominant little guys. However, as odd as it sounds, if you put one dwarf and one large angel (although not too large for your 90) you should be ok. A blue girdled angel or annularis would be really good. I have kept them with dwarfs sucessfully in the past. Blue girdled are a pain to get your hands on right now, but i can probably scrounge one up if you want one, and i do have an annularis for sale... and for these rare fish theres one big benifit he offers... he has been vaccinated for ich... not 100% effective, but prevents it VERY well. I have flames up for sale too. There are a few other species that work but being that you might not WANT a large i dont want to ramble any more. email me if interested or if you have any general tank questions. andrew@aquariumplanning.com

How much and how big is a Flame Angel that would get along with my dwarf Coral Beauty either that or im takin the CB out and putting it in my tank when i go back to school for the year..... hopefully putting together a 25 or 30 with roomates anyone got a tank they want to give up?

Your post is somewhat hard to understand, but if you want them to go in the same tank, you may not have read above that you CAN'T. They won't get along with each other--NO dwarf angels will work with other dwarves of ANY kind.

Archived