SaltCritters.com

12/1 Pics of my 18 Gallon

qsails

Is the Via Aqua open or did you get a piece of glass or plexi to cover it? I have been considering it but thought rock scaping might be tough given it is high rather than long but your rock looks great!

He has the 18 gallon via aqua. It is just as tall, but 4 inches wider. It also has optional raised light.

tnk2.jpg

this is a picture of the pop-up light on the 11 gallon vertion.

I dont Have a top on the tank. I am considering getting one though. The dimensions on the tank are 20x14x18. As long as you don't get to many big pieces of rock you should be ok. I have a total of 27 LBS in the tank with 8 pices of rock.

Where exactly is the light coming from? are you using the included pop-up light that doesn't cover the top of the tank? or are you using a pendant of some sort?

I am using the pop up light that came with the tank. The bulbs that come with the light need to be up graded. They are 7,100 White and a 12,000 Blue. I am probably going to get a 10,000 white and an actinic. What do you think? or should I go with 2 50/50. There is only one ballast so you can only controll both lights. There is no way to setup a morning or evening controll.

• 1 month later...

I found a Great Deal on a New apartment so I had to move. Here are some Pictures of the tank in its new home. I could never get the rock back the same way I had it but I like this much better.

The tank looks great! Does the bi-colored Pseudocromis get along with the clown? I know these little carnivorous fish can be real bad fin nippers, and you know how docile clowns are. I have a purple Psuedo. that is always chasing the other fish twice it's size, it want to eat anything that moves. Just curious if they get along.

He wasn't very happy. I had just gotten him when I took that picture. it died about a week later :( My LFS gave me a refund though so I wasn't to up set. I feel bad for the coral though.

quiksilver5768

Where did you buy that aquaglobe PH? That is the new model with the new impelle design right? So it wont rust anymore?

Great tank by the way! I really like those via aqua tanks.

qsails-

If you dont already know there is a post in the DIY board that shows you how to re-wire your light to have two seperate plugs (for dusk & dawn simulation). Its pretty detailed and from the looks of things its very simple.

BTW your tank is looking great! :happy:

That's a sweet looking tank, great job. I've been a huge fan of the Via Aqua aquariums since my store started carrying them.

• 2 weeks later...

hii

cool reef

sorry for my bad english bug i am from german and 15 jears old:P

ich will do too a reff aquarium with 40-60 liter i think ca. 13- 20 galonen !

but i need light ! What is 130w JBJ PC and all those thinks ???

i need light for not manny monny

thx for answer

michi.

Archived