Coral Vue Hydros

Major ID help!!!

Scary1

Last night my pygmy angel kicked the bucket. After testing the water (all parameters perfect..nitrates about 5ppm), I did a 20% water change on my 24g nanocube. This morning I noticed these egg like things on my GSP. What in the world are these things? Should I take any action of just leave the mysterious eggs alone? Any help is appreciated.

Inhabitants:

2 maroon clowns

1 sixline wrasse

1 red faced goby

1 royal gramma

various hermits and snails

various softies and LPS

Clown eggs, maybe? Are the clowns an adult pair?

Try to get a better pic.

I believe the clowns to be at the "buddy" stage rather than pair. They tolerate eachother, rub on/"love bite" on eachother, but they are certainly not adult size (the larger of the two is 1.5 inches). Is there a way to tell for certain if they truly are a true pair of maroon clowns?

As for the picture, it captures what's going on pretty well. I'll try posting again this evening, but basically there are tons of pink dots surrounding my GSP. A few of these "dots" are floating around the tank but most stay around the GSPs attached in a film-like goo. I appreciate the help!!!

Could be a coral spawn. My green slimer spawned a while back and released alot of little pink/red dots but they didn't stick to anything, just floated around. The fish ate good that night!

Try to get a better photo, and go over to Anthony Calfo's forum at reefcentral.org. He's quite knowledgeable and helpful.

Archived