Cultivated Reef

blenny??

genuck

i'll get a pic when he gets less shy. but until then give me some ideas. it's a baby i'm guessing, only 3/4 to 1 inch long. when i first saw him i thought bi-color or maybe black sailfin. the body was black and the tail yellow. that night when my husband turned on the lights, his 'pajamas' looked like a lawnmower. now today when he's relaxing and swimming around (only until he sees me) he's kinda a greenish yellow all over. doesn't have any eyebrows or anything, smooth faced. body shape is like bicolor but not as elongated. when i asked the dork at the lfs what kind of blenny it was he looked at the labels under the tank and said,'no it's a goby' pointing to the citron goby sticker (yeah and he was black and yellow then)but there was a sticer for a 'tonga gold blenny' but i have no idea what these are or look like. does anyone have a picture of one? ok, let me hear your expert non photo based guesses! :D

ha nevermind! i found him Atrosalarias fuscus fuscus.

yellow juvenile

tn_Atfus_j0.jpg

black adult sometimes with a red tail

tn_Atfus_u1.jpg

went to another lfs that had 3 larger ones they were calling 'highfin scooter blennies" so um, the blenny was supposed to be $50 but i only paid $10 for my 'goby' should i feel bad?

i wasn't really gonna feel bad ;) i feel it's a good bonus for all the times dumb lfs people have told me that i was wrong about smth and then given me ridiculous advice or an asinine id, grrrr! i mean come on! how could he think that was a citron goby?1? ???

thanks guys!

Archived