Coral Vue Hydros

powerquad retrofit?

nanoman10

As always... depends on what you intend to keep. Which powerquad by the way... I know of two, the 27 and the 96.

The 27 should do you fine for all the lower light animales and well the 96 will really let you move up into some light lovin critters, once you figure how to keep the tank from berlin' over,hehehe

What are your plans anyway for the retro quad... the 27 won't fit in the original strip light housing nor the 96 either... fact I believe that one would hang off the sides a good bit.

hey,

iv already orderd the 96. do u think it would fit on my minibow 7? what do u think would look good in it?i mean what are some cool plants that would do good with the 96.

Hmmm, well... um, Do I think it will fit? Well the dimensions listed for the 96 are 18" by yadda yadda. I don't even know if that includes the endcap... the minibow is 17" wide overall. Soooo, it's gonna hang over the edges a bit, you'll have to be creative to figure out how to put it on the tank.

And yer askin' what kind of plants? Oooh I would think you could grow just about ANY marine plant ya wanted, prolly LOTS of it.

What do you mean "plants" exactly anyway?

plants? ??? ooookay, here's where i recommend john tullock's Natural Reef Aquarium book.

it's a great coffee table book and very informative on the hobby. not too 'simple' but also not too 'advanced'. he even goes through the setup of a simple nano tank, as well as a number of other systems.

i strongly advise that or actually any other reef book as your next purchase to save yourself a lot of aggravation, time, and $$$. ;)

start with the 'drab looking' corals first imo. they're typically easier to allow you to ease into the hobby. or green star polyps are a nice 'colorful' coral that's decently 'easy'.

Plants would be things like calupera and algae, bubble tip and hard corals would qualify as animals not plants. Hard corals, Soft corals, anenome, polyps, mushrooms are all animals.

From Salt Water Aquariums for Dummies

Coral is an animal with a calcium carbonate skeleton that lives in a colony of millions, forming large reefs. In a natural coral reef ecosystem, the outermost layer of the reef is the living coral colony. As the reef grows, layers are added extremely slowly, taking hundereds of years to establish.

Archived