Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Special Group Sale 70W Elec. Metal Halide Retro Kit w/ U.V. glass Plug and Play.

LampDr.

hes got two different 70w mh retrofit kits on his website for sale. anyone know the difference? one says "mini" ballast. its just smaller? i've emailed him twice about getting the advertised kit with the 14k astralux bulbs and he hasn't gotten back to me yet. i hope there are still some left!

Sorry for delay. i am having some personal problems, and do not have internet access all the time. All the kits and the lamps that were ordered are shipping in the morning....

the difference in the kit on my site. the kit on my site does not have the new style uv glass and reflector, i have to update the pic.

I offer 2 ballast the mini and the regular ballast... I would go with the regular balast instead of the mini one...

The regular ballast will work better with the hqi lamps...

• 2 weeks later...
The Shrimp X

I have a question about this rerto, I plan to put it into a desk lamp (the desk lamp was made for a 150 watt mh bulb, so it will be able to take the heat) i plan to gut the lamp and put the retro in it, but i will be running the cord through the lamp neck, but my question is, is the crod that connects the reflector/lamp to the ballast, removable? I need to be able to take the cord and put it through the lamp neck and then attach it to the ballast? Is this possible with this retro?

LampDr., you have PM and email! Just read the email, sorry for the spam. But I am definately down for one with an astralux 14k lamp.

BTW: Everyone, LampDr. has some amazing products! Very professionally made, I highly recommend his stuff. Do not hesitate about quality or customer service. He is a great seller.

Originally posted by Melev

Can you offer the same setup with a 20,000K DE bulb?

It would seem to me you could create a small metal clip on each end that hooks on the reflector (in the gap at the end of the bulb socket) and clips under the lip of the glass.  One at each end would work best.

What is the warranty on this product?

Hey Melev, can you elaborate on the metal clip thing? Also I've asked LampDr. before, he backs up his products 100% so if you had a problem he'd take care of it for ya. He's good about it =)

Got my retrofit yesterday! (on a saturday, neat). I had to modify my fixture to get it to fit, but indeed it did and works great! The 14k is nice, gives a great color, though it's still pretty white compared to the 14k pheonix bulb I have on my 250watt hqi. using my 55 watt actinic it looks a little bluer.

checkout my signature's link and goto the 5th page or so to see my pictures!

thanks lampdr. again =)

Archived