ReefCleaners.org

seabe clown

ricknbecky

my little seabe clown is looking a bit rough. I payed special attention to when I bought him and he appeeared to have perfect skin integrity. now he has gotten a few white flaky patches like as if his mucous coat is breaking down. he is our first fish, we have had him now 5 days. our levels are all acceptable. ammonia 0, trates. 5 trites 0, SG 1.025.

I have heard that garlic can help fish figt disease by helping them to build up a stronger mucous coat. I was wondering this may help my little guy and if so can I add regular kitchen garlic to his food in minute quantities or do I have to buy it in a supplement.

never mind. he finially kicked. :*( He was my first salt fish and he only lasted 5 days. maybe I should just keep that tank all inverts and corals. that is doing really good.:*( :*( :*( :*( :*(

I am not sure. He probally did have other issues. I added calcium to the tank the day before he kicked so for a while I thought that it was my fault. Oh well he wasn't a very expensive fish . Only about 6$ so I am not that upset by it. Besides now that I have killed my first fish, I can move on. Right?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AbSoluTc

Rick and Becky -

It saddens me to hear this - "Oh well he wasn't a very expensive fish . Only about 6$ so I am not that upset by it. Besides now that I have killed my first fish, I can move on. Right?"

Its not just a fish. Its a living creature! zzz I know it was not your fault and I am not expecting a grieving period, just a little more, can't find the words.

KYGeek -

How long has your clown been like that? When did it first appear? Is it spreading? Answer those and I can help you further.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by AbSoluTc

KYGeek -

How long has your clown been like that?  When did it first appear?  Is it spreading?  Answer those and I can help you further.

Good Luck!

It cleared up before I left for 3 days away from home, but they (both my clowns) were missing when I came back home.

:(

AbSoluTc

"It saddens me to hear this - "Oh well he wasn't a very expensive fish . Only about 6$ so I am not that upset by it. Besides now that I have killed my first fish, I can move on. Right?"

Its not just a fish. Its a living creature! I know it was not your fault and I am not expecting a grieving period, just a little more, can't find the words."

I understand that he was a living creature adn trust me I go way beyond at times to help all living creatures. I was quite upest with him dying it was one of those times when I wonder if I really should be reef keeping of if all of these organisms belong in the ocean. That is just my way of dealing with it. otherwise I get to attached. Like with all my squirrels. I raise orphaned baby squirrels and many times I get them way too young pink with no hair and the umbilicus still attached. No matter how hard I try some just don't survive. Even after 6 weeks of waking up to feed them ever 1.5 hours around the clock, Sometime they will crash they will be eating fine then all of the sudden just take a nose dive. I lost an entire litter of four southern flyign squirrels that way. It makes me think is this the right thing to do? Just liek with my fish and my clam. I don't know what killed my fish. It made me think would he have gotten sick if her were still out in the ocean. and mt dersea when something attacked him and ate him after a week. is it really right to be keeing some of these animals captive. When I think like this I have to find some way toseperate my self so that I can once again focus on all of the life that is thriving with in my tank and all of the squirrels that I have saved that would have othewise not had a chance.

I am glad to hear you are upset when a creature under your care dies. I to like to stress to everyone if its a fish you got for free or a 150$ fish you should still take hours trying to diognose and cure infections dieses ect.

Archived