Top Shelf Aquatics

Jumping Wrasse meets Death

ross76053

Okay, I lost my first fish last night or early this morning - my 6-line wrasse....the fish one that totally cleaned my tank of flatworms.

He jumped out the back opening of my custom hood. Not only do I feel terrible, I really miss the little guy - had a great personality. He was the reason I just spent $100 on a CPR Aquafuge and $60 on live rock/sand to raise the 'pod population in my tank.

(I hope they have support groups for people like me)

So how do reefers with open-back hoods keep fish from taking a dive? Thought about custom-fitting a piece of plastic grating to velcro over the back, but would like to hear what others have done. Oh, and sorry, I'm just not in the mood to search.

Have I mentioned I feel like crap about this?

:o that really sucks man, 6 lines are cool fish :*(

Home depot sells sheets of eggcrate, like $8 apiece. you could cut a section to fit :(

man, i'm sorry, it blows to have own of your buddies die on you .

sorry to hear of your loss. i know you said you were really pleased with that guy too. :(

you can try 'saran' wrap over small or unusually shaped areas.

the eggcrate is a very good idea. some smaller fish could still theoretically make it out tho. you'd have to have really bad luck. :( stupid fish.

ross76053.... uhhhhhh  

Okay, I lost my first fish last night or early this morning  

He jumped out the back opening of my custom hood.  

So how do reefers with open-back hoods keep fish from taking a dive?  

Its called Custom Top...... glass. :D

sthoop !

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS cover tanks and backs with escape artist/ jumpers residing in them. I lost 7 out of 14 fire fish in a captive holding tank before divvvy time fer my customers in two days once. I learned that lesson hard. Damn Olympic high jumpers.

Djm9288 asked for it.....

I high jump! Thats how i broke my leg this past summer. Otherwsie I would have gone to Nationals

Put down the Bong, steep awayyyyy fromm the reefer,

and HIGH JUMP is NOT a Stoner Sport.

Try hacky sack... much less impact.;)

Archived