Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Cube Nite LED lights?

Grymatta

I'm curious..how are the LED lights on the 12 gal deluxe cube powered? I dont see any power cords leading to it. Is it hooked up to the main lights?

I turned my nite lights on briefly the other day and it seemed very dim. I had nothing plugged in. Then the lights went out and never came back on.

Does anyone know how the LED lights work? Is mine defective?

thanks

aleiodubua

They're powered through the same ballast you use for your main lights. The ballast must at least be pluged in for you LED's to work.

yeah thats what i thought. though they were still on even after i switched off the ballast. strange huh?

are they bright? are they supposed to light the tank? cause mine dont seem to do much..very dim.

outtafocus

The ballast contains capacitors, which act as mini batteries.

When you plug in your lighting, the caps charge. They will store enough power to dimmly light the leds for a short period of time.

The moonlights can only be switched on if the main lights are switched off. Its nice that moonlights are included in the stock nanocube. The downside is you may have to rewire them so you can use a timer and dont have to switch them on and off manually. And yes, they are a bit dim...no, dull.

why not just leave them on 24 7? LEDs last forever... They dont produce any heat.. They use next to no power... I plan on installed a few in my tank. This will be my first mod, I plan on just leaving them on the entire time.

Hey Steel...I think they should have placed 4 or 5 in a dice pattern to get the tank better....They make the corals looks so nice at night.

I concur with steelhealr, the 2 LED lights are not enough and are quite spaced far apart (depends also on the rockscape). I'm using 3 in mine but I think the single Led I'm using shines a better hue of blue compared to the other 2. The stock LED's are more of an aquablue. LED's with typhoid.

mine was placed side wayse a bit so i opened it and moved it then it shut off so i moved it more then it went on again so try moving or poking it a mm or 2.:)

I think my LEDs are broken. I switched on the remote ballast for about an hour and then swtiched off the regular lights and activated the LEDs. I didnt see the blue LEDs come on. I looked closely cause I know they are dim but no light. Is that supposed to happen? I just got my tank too!

are the night vues hard to replace and install? maybe I will buy another brighter LED system.

Originally posted by Grymatta

I think my LEDs are broken...

are the night vues hard to replace and install?  

I'm curious about this as well. I just bought a used 12DX and one of the LED's is dead.

It happed on mine as well. Known issue!!:) It's always one, mine was the left one when looking at the tank.

I installed the Fish Bowl Light Set Up, works much better anyways.

well, last night my LED "light" came on in my 24 DX....yes, only one!?? I'm new to JBJ, but there seems to be some quality problems there.....

Archived