Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

reef

colby

ok so im new and ive been trying to go SALT and i wanna start easy but i dont understand the reef is it hard to grow and do you live have to plant it? And tell me some good books to read!

this here's what's called a firebreak :P

besides trying the below, there's a search engine on the site (it's a forum joke, lurk around and you'll eventually understand it ;) )

goldstein's Marine Reef Aquarium is a good basic reefer book.

tullock's Natural Reef Aquarium is a very good overview of the hobby, biotopes, and processes. better imo than goldstein's but a little more $$$.

some recommend fenner's Conscientious Marine Aquarist but i've never read it but the guy definitely knows his stuff.

there are other books that are 'better' than those above imo but also more $$$ and more 'advanced' (assumptions of basic fore knowledge). borneman (Aquarium Corals) also suggests tullock's book first as a precursor to even his own book which is more advanced imo.

oh ya and good luck, with the attitude about reading that u have I know you will do well! ( i read for 6-8 months before setting up my 10g, that I set up in JUne )

Archived