ReefCleaners.org

NO hoods

Nishant3789

hmm whats a good place to get NO hoods for ten gallon tanks? ive started tot ake a liking to NO lights.... im thinkin 4 normal outputs will be more than enough for my tank. thanks

nishant

Perfecto :rolleyes:

i agree with cmoreash. NO's may be enough but pc's and/or vho's allow more options. if they're too bright you can either shade them or raise them to mute the output.

'spend once if you can' is my motto. (i never follow it tho X) ) otherwise almost any ols will sell you NO's. heck, i've got one buried somewhere (4'-40w POC) that they wouldn't give me credit for when i bought my bowfront tank. :|

edit: sorry, i meant cmoreash X)

I looked into the same thing...NO vs PC. I found that I could put two PC's in a DIY canopy cheaper than I could do four NO lights. When you add up the costs, assuming you are gonna do it right, of the ballast, end caps, bulb clips, ect..., the PC's really are a better deal. Check out www.ahsupply.com for PC's. Their prices are pretty good and the retrokits look like they would be easy to install.

Logan J

haha belive me ive looked into many a PC retro kits etc. id just rather have NO, im not going to keep anything cept for softies. i already have a 2X9 watt PC strip light over my ten, with 2 NOs i can keep soft corals. anyways, like i said i need places thatll sell NO retros like a 2X15 watt NO retro, thanks

p.s. looked into homedepot ill probably end up going that way but the endcaps arent waterproof...

You could just buy the ballasts then, and water proof endcaps, and wire it yourself. The cheapest online store i've seen sell something like that was $50 or so, so i think home depot would be a better choice.

alright alright ill say what people want to hear:

I will wait till after christmas when i have enough money to buy the sufficient lighting needed online. There is no good in trying to save a few bux itll only kick me in the ass later.

ok happy? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

nishant

Nishant3789 = Waht the dillio?

alright alright ill say what people want to hear:

There is no good in trying to save a few bux itll only kick me in the ass later.

ok happy? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

nishant

Dont do it for our sake... do it for the good of your tank ; dope.

these are live animals, not LEGO-land Playsets.

If you dont want to be serious about a salt water tank, and dont have the financial means (OR APPROVAL OF YOU OVER PROTECTIVE PARENTS) then find another hobby.

Stamp Collections are low maintenance, are cheep and the new ones you dont even have to lick. : They come free on letters every day.

You can even find a "AIM BUDDY" and be penpalls overseas with some chick named Majariojorie` in France or Achmed in Bagallhalia and trade stamps..... Just ask your Parents first if it is ok to write a letter to strangers and to get stamps.... X)

Archived