Cultivated Reef

Not scared of Nano anymore YAY!

xsamx

I finally got up enough courage to return my tank to my desk.. Its been sitting in a huge plastic container, i feared it would crack and i'd come home to a mess. I added some Xenia and a Torch! 14810000_0372-med.JPG

I had it in the plastic container full of salt water, so if it cracked, my livestock would live. I believe this added a significant amount of pressure, to the glass. I varied the temp. By cycling a heater on and off, seeing temps of 29 deg C (84.2 F). I was basically trying to break it. After about 15-20 days of this, I removed the livestock. I examined the cube to look for any signs of cracking or blemishes in the glass. I didn’t see anything. Not long after this, I returned it to my desk. FINGERS STILL CROSSED THOUGH! Guess i just have faith that it wont crack... Today I added some candies and a few more shrooms. Ill post some pics later tonight.

NotGumbelWV

This whoe series of events could be put into movie form ...

Dr. Strangemod, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Cube

(sorry, couldn't resist - but I do sincerely wish everyone well with any problems being resolved, and those of you who are trouble-free, remaining that way)

Bryant

still going strong! Re-did some aquascaping today and added a "zoo rock" Modding the lighting is getting harder and harder to resist.. I'm thinking about adding another 24w. Im going back to the LFS tomorrow and getting this awesome purple ricordia i saw today! 14810000_0419.JPG

still going strong! Re-did some aquascaping today and added a "zoo rock" Modding the lighting is getting harder and harder to resist.. I'm thinking about adding another 24w. Im going back to the LFS tomorrow and getting this awesome purple ricordia i saw today! 14810000_0419.JPG

yellowtangman

Is that a blue velvet damsel? If it is, is he very agressive. I saw one at the LFS the other day and I thought it looked so cool but the guy said I DO NOT want one because it is the most aggresive damsel there is. Is it really that aggresive?

Originally posted by yellowtangman

Is that a blue velvet damsel?  If it is, is he very agressive.  I saw one at the LFS the other day and I thought it looked so cool but the guy said I DO NOT want one because it is the most aggresive damsel there is.  Is it really that aggresive?

i would say he is a pain... But then again, all damsels are #######s. He doesnt go after my clown, and they get along great.. I dont know about other fish though.

yellowtangman

What do you mean by he is a pain? I am gettin a NC6 and i'm thinkin of puting one of them in as the only fish in there. do you think that would be OK?

Originally posted by yellowtangman

What do you mean by he is a pain?  I am gettin a NC6 and i'm thinkin of puting one of them in as the only fish in there.  do you think that would be OK?

its a pain to feed the clown because the velvet is so quick, he gets to all the food first... so i have to wait till hes full to feed my clown! They grow so fast too.. I just saw one at the LFS that was 4 months old, the thing was the size of baseball.. he was in a huge tank though..

Well, I got bored so I did some more aquascaping. I broke up a huge piece of LR so I could fit a toadstool in there hoping my clown would host in it.... so such luck :( I added some frogspawn too. I am very worried about my zoos, they don’t look like they’re doing so well:(

On a side note.... when I took a hammer to the LR, I was discussed by the amount of brisleworms that were living in there! There was also a green centipede like thing that went flying across the ground.. I have no idea what it was, scared the hell outta me LOL!

000_0439.JPG

Archived