Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 12g Nano

kimura

Well here are a few pics of my 12. It's been up since July but it's only recently that I've been able to stock it. After the holidays I'll probably get more. So far I've just got the larger coral since they've all been on sale. I plan on getting more smaller coral ie..polyps, shrooms (have some but can't be seen), ricordias, gorgonians. Well you get the picture.

last one. Here's a whole shot pic. As you can see I can't turn down a sale. I bought the JBJ 2x96 watt formosa light when I was at Georgia for more that half off! New!!!!! It had a few scratches on it so they were nice enought to sell it for that price. Oh and thoes guys as "The Fish Store" were Awesome. Very friendly and highly informative. They had one of the best display tanks that I've ever seen!

As a side note. This picture was taken after a really bad hair algae bloom. I used Bioplankton, which I don't recommend for novice reefers, too concentrated! I'm sticking to DT's. Anyways My tank looks ok considering I had just deprived it of light for almost 48 hours! My toadstool isn't looking too hot right now and I lost a small head from my new frogspawn.

My future plans are to add a small refugium that Zumzumn makes...... as soon as I can save up. And hopefully get more coral. I'll also try to use some Biosea salt mix, other than that I should be done with this one. Next project......small jellyfish tank.

Thanks NaNo, I appreciate the comment. My next step is to get a HOB refugium similar to yours, your tank insipired me to do so. I'm gonna ask Zumzumn to make one for me.

Archived