Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Blotchy Blue-Green Chromis Damsels

purple_gemini4

purple_gemini4

My two Blue-Green Chromis Damsels that I got a couple of weeks ago go blotchy at night and start breathing really fast and stop swimming around.(my false percula and strawbery dottyback stay normal and do not do this.) It is very strange because I'll be watching them trying to figure out what is wrong and they will literally heal right before my eyes and start breathing normally with normal colour and start swimming around. I know that it isn't the lighting because I'll turn back on the light and they'll still lopk blotchy. I asked my LFS and they said that it could be that when I turn off the light the ph changes and that they might be getting stressed from it and to try putting a small light like a night light nearby and see if it helps. I will try this tonight and see. Any help would be apreatiated greatly.

Thanks!:happy:

purple_gemini4

And i almost forgot to say that I have my filter and bubble wall on 24/7 so I'm pretty sure they have enough oxygen.

• 3 weeks later...

are you keeping them in a school? they are schooling fish and will stress VERY easily unless kept in a group. it can be done but usually you have these types of problems with their health due to stress.

its stress reltated and may cause a bacterial infection. bluegreen chromis are well known to secumb to that in captivity.

gl

• 2 weeks later...

mine green-blue chromis do the same thing at night, i just figured that was their sleeping behavior, never thought anything of it.thanks zack

Archived