Cultivated Reef

Coral ID

mchammer

This would be a good post in the Identification Forum or the Coral Forum. Not really an Advanced Topic.

Here are the guidelines:

Welcome to the new Advanced Topics forum! This forum has been setup to provide a place for people who have been in the nano reef hobby for awhile, and are looking to discuss more advanced topics. Things that can be posted here include SPS coral keeping topics, Clam keeping topics, hard to keep fish topics, etc. I hope everyone enjoys the new forum!

JMO

Bob

Originally posted by Snoop

your a jerk bob

Excuse Me? Why?? Please Explain.

I don't appreciate being called a jerk for no reason.

There are forums for Idenfication or there are Coral forums. Both of which this thread should have been in. This is NOT an advanced topic.

???

Bob

Orange Crush

Hi kiddies! Mom here.

Yes, this was put in the wrong forum. Should have been put in the id forum. I've moved it. I'm a moderator. It's what I do.

Bob, it's not up to you to tell people they've posted wrong. If you see a thread you think needs to be moved, use the "report this post to a moderator" link. We're happy to do the housekeeping.

Snoop, it's not up to you to call people jerks. If you think someone's being a jerk, use the "report this post to a moderator" link. Only moderators get to call people jerks. It's how we're paid.

Hope that clears everything up for everyone. Any other concerns, PM me; don't add them to the thread.

Thanks for everyone's understanding and future cooperation.

-OC

Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. However, back to my question, are these coral easy to care for? How much lighting, water flow, feeding is require?

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

they had them at my lfs. ($30 canadian for a fathers day special)

this is what my lfs said about them( i take everything they tell me with a grain of salt)

easy to care for/hardy, slow growing, and they do have sweeper tenticals that will sting other corals/fish.

and a little nano reef.com info:

Corals with stinging sweeper tentacles such as galaxia and frogspawn corals should be avoided in smaller tanks. If they are kept near other corals, their sweeping tentacles will come out and night and sting or kill the surrounding corals. These will do ok in larger nano reefs, as long as they are somewhat secluded to a certain area.

ah I know this is an LPS, but it isnt a galaxia (look at the corallites) nor is it a tounge coral since there isnt a sharp groove down the middle. I've been trying to find out what it is also since there is one at the LFS and they don't know either.

Closeup shot looks like Hyndopora, but the shape doesn't make sense.

Archived