ReefCleaners.org

New stocking idea for my 10g

Sara

Since I have a tight budget, and LOVE damsels, I came up with a new stocking idea. I'm thinking about adding a Yellow Tail Damsel, and a 3 Stripe Damsel. But my question is, will this combination work? Of course being sure I have plenty of caves for them. ;)

Sara

Okay, I'm scratching the 3 stripe damsel. From what I have read so far that they are one of the more aggressive damsels. Here are some damsels that I've seen in my area and really like..

Yellow Tails, Pink, Yellow, and Blue Devils.

Sara

If you can give them enough caves and you put them in the tank at the same time, i think there won´t be any problems. But avoid the 3, 4 striped damsels, and the 3 spot domino damsel, they are real nighmares for most fish.

Okay, here is a pic of my tank. After adding the LR, I believe there are 4-5 hiding places.

10g_nanoreef1.jpg

What do you think of mky set up? Someone from a different forum said they thought adding a 3 stripe and a yellow tail or blue devil at the same time would probably work. Right now I'm not quite what to think because many people have many opinions. :P Well, I'll keep searching the net on this! :)

Sara

From another board I have been on, someone said a 3 Stripe and a Yellow Tail or Blue Devil would work. I've been to 3 different forums, and everyone has a different opinion. So I guess this is a "try it and see what happens" kind of thing. I suppose I could always return one or both of the damsels to my LPS if things don't work out. I'm crossing my fingers that this combo will work out. :)

Sara

Archived