ReefCleaners.org

hitchhiker on new rics

bamsickle

I found this in the bag with my new ricordia frags. Any ideas? I've tried searching but haven't found anything yet and I need to know if I should dip the frag. It's mostly white and cream with dark brown bristly ends. It has bristles all over the body too.

Thanks,

Beth

Small filter-feeding sea cucumber, I think...? Hard to see enough detail. Does it have a flat underside, or is it the same all the way around?

That's what I was implying. But I'm pretty darn sure it's a cuke.

Appears to be the same all the way around. So if it's still alive, it would be safe to put in the tank? It's been a while since I looked at it and it doesn't seem to be still moving in the cup, so I guess it could be moot....lol

Thanks,

B

Then it is indeed a cucumber, most likely a filter-feeder. If it's alive, you can put it back. It's harmless, and it's nice to add variety. If it's dead--and you'll want to be sure, just so you don't unnecessarily pollute the tank--you should toss it out.

I'm adding tank water and he is moving around again so I guess he'll be going in once I bring the temp of his water up a bit more.

Thanks again everyone,

B

Archived