Cultivated Reef

fluke?

Farrah

I hope this pic is good enough for an ID. It's hard to focus on such a small area when he's swimming around. Anyway, there are some white things on my clown's right gill. Are they gill flukes? If not, any other ideas? Treatment?

I have absolutely no knowledge of clowns....so that said, I saw some the other day at my lfs (the good one) that had similar looking fluffs and the person said it was a viral infection, not life threatening. May not be the same thing at all....for what it's worth, fw flukes look very different from that. At least you're getting a bump out of this post....;)

do a freshwater dip. if you see things coming off the fish you have flukes. just do a few dips and it will clear that up, no need for meds.

It kind of looks like lymphocystis. My clowns had it soon after I introduced them to the tank. I think they had it before and the stress from the introduction caused it to flair up. I left them alone and it went away. Keep up good water conditions and your fish happy and I would guess it will go away on its own.

Here is a tread on reef-central I started about my clowns. I attached the picture that I had posted on the forum

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...threadid=507980

Thanks Sinistard... I posted on reef central. Haven't heard anything though. Was yours attached to the bottom of the gill, or is it below the gill? Kinda hard to tell for sure frmo the pic.

Archived