Top Shelf Aquatics

ID help needed

dwolls

Hi I just bought some new rock and out "popped" these corals, I have NO idea WHAT they aren't and can't find them anywhere. They are growing on a stony column, and have short tentacles, the heads are small maybe 1/4" dia....any ideas? :*(

Thanks,

Diana

It looks like aptasia, I type of anemone that will take over a reef tank. There is a few ways to get rid of them, do a search for aptasia and you will find plenty!

Actually, after I wrote that ignorant statement, I looked a little closer at them and noticed that they do not look like aptasia, but I did not write anything because I was not sure of what they were. I have some of those in my tanks, they are in the barnicles (if that is how you spell it).

Thanx, Dave ESPI

Thanks Dave.......I don't really know what I'm doing to make them so happy but they seem to be doing well. When I got them most of them were very "bleached" out but they are rebounding nicely.....thanks for the ID

Diana

i have lots of patches of these corals. they're pretty cool looking and they grow well. on a side note, this coral suffered immensely in my aquarium when i began using phosguard (seachem) to remove phosphates. since removing the phosguard it has been recovering nicely.

Archived