Top Shelf Aquatics

Coral Id please, Favia?

Bobalouy

is DEFINITELY a Blasto Welsi, if that is how it looks all the time, it is DYING. It should be much more Fleshy.

D

Thanks! That was about 5 minutes after it went in the tank, so hopefully he will look alittle better today. Was $20 a good price?

Yea it is. Waht is that two adult polyps in my opionion thats a really good price. I'm not shure but I think you can feed em up and get them to recover faster.

actually opens to be a healthy Blasto, $20, is a friggin SMOKIN DEAL, looks like it should get a nice Neon Ring, can't really tell, as it looks very skeleton'ish.

D

Its got 2 full polyps and one small one on the side out of the pic. I'll take another pic when I get home tonight.

What should I feed it, mysis?

is more work than it's worth, Cyclopeeze, or Selcon, also spot feeding the smaller polyps, phyto, will prolly help them grow.

Welsi grows very slow, VERY.

D

Well they looked pretty good when I got home tonight. I gave mysis a try and they wolfed it down in a couple minutes. I also found another really small polyp. I'll take new pics when it puffs back up.

Phyto isn't suitable for LPS corals--they just don't eat it, as they're carnivores. Stick to the larger, meaty foods like Cyclopeeze and Mysis.

Here is a little better photo:

11195Blasto.jpg

He ate the mysis with no problem, so I guess I will stick with that. How does it look Health wise, I think that is as Puffed up as it is going to get.

yea alittle but verry much alive. You dont have to worry about it dying or anything. But just feed it alittle and with some time and TLC it'll look great before too long.

keep it under low light, moderate flow and then at night or whenever you're feeding the tank turn off the flows and feed it LOTS of cyclopleeze and don't turn back the flow until it gets a good portion of it inside.

if it's dying then it's mouth will gape and look mad won't plump up on you. i know because one of mine are doing that but i blame it on the damn cyano that was covering part of it! argh

anyhoo, $20 for that is a steal! blastomussa wellsi prices are increasing :D so you got a steal for that many polyps

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so its almost 2 weeks later, what do you guys think. What color would you say it is?

11195Blasto2.jpg

The color in this photo looks different mainly because I got my White balance figured out. But it has brightened a little bit. The teal is really starting to come out.

Looks nice. Pinkish-red? With yellowish highlights? Cool yellow mouths--unique. Nice price for a pretty, unusual morph.

Archived