Top Shelf Aquatics

anemone ID???

viejito55

I got this 2 little anemones for $15 I think they are the bubble tip kind, but i'm not sure. they are very small like 1" and half inch, the guy at the pet shop had like 20-30 little ones all over his tank. Hope is not the bad kind.

let me know if you guys know what it is?

Originally posted by uscreef

Looks like a mojano... Kill it before it takes over :(  damn LFS (though I may be wrong)

Can you get a close-up pic of them? Hard to tell from the pic. They look like a RBTA to me.

Bob

I'll take a closer pic of it tonight, I guess it could be mojano anemone, but the guy who sold the rock to me had a big one as well about 4 inches in diameter.

They can get big.

Just curious, why didn't you go home to find out what kind they were before buying them?

Originally posted by Caesar777

Just curious, why didn't you go home to find out what kind they were before buying them?

But, that takes all the fun out of the impulse buy..

:D

Bob

Here is a better picture. I think its a mojano anemone, looks nice though. I'm going to keep it on that rock and if it spreads then i'll just eliminate those extra ones.

or may be is BTA?

Originally posted by viejito55

Here is a better picture. I think its a mojano anemone, looks nice though. I'm going to keep it on that rock and if it spreads then i'll just eliminate those extra ones.

or may be is BTA?

That looks like a RBTA to me.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Anemone + Coral sometimes = Chemical Warfare, especially when in close proximity like that. Not the most responsible thing to do, but it can work.

looks like a bubble tip like bob said, or perhaps a long tentical

def not a hatian. hatians i believe are white with purple/pink tips.

I think it would be best for those who have limited experience to not automatically say "kill it". It is most likely a RBTA which is a steal at $15. Research the anemone, and try not to kill it.

Archived