Pod Your Reef

check out my 10g - pics a plenty

mattgreene22

mattgreene22

Yeah, thanks for talking me into it Duke....looks like I'm ahead of you now though. That Turbo was slowing down...so I got 2 more hungry ones. I may have to take 1 or 2 back, but for now I need them to plow through this stuff before it gets any longer....which they seem to be doing.

I hadn't planned to pick them up this weekend since I had oral surgery on Friday (what fun), but I needed to get out of the house. I also picked up a couple small blue leg hermits. All the critters seem to be packing it away...so obviously I was in need of a little cleaning.

Next up, I think I AM going to pick up an AC300 or 500 to convert to a fuge...before the local Petsmarts stop price-matching with Petsmart.com. I'm also considering trying out a single ZooMed Powersweep 210 to replace either my Hagen 201 or my Rio 180.

Anyone want to provide feedback on either of those 2 products relative to a 10g?

Also, if someone has already saved the links to some of the better threads with the AC fuge mods...please post. Otherwise, I'll be going digging myself....just hard to concentrate with these painkillers. Thanks!

mattgreene22

I just love how the nano-reef website changes totally trashed the img links to my gallery! I was going to fix them...but now I can't post the "med" pic...so they're huge. I've gone ahead and removed them as images and just linked to the gallery. Maybe, I'll fix them later.

I hope to get some NEW pics up as soon as I finish my fuge (modified ac500).

BTW, hair algae under control. A little me...a whole lot of those 3 turbos....fuge not even up yet. Pics to come.

PS - check your threads for dead gallery links.

• 3 weeks later...
mattgreene22

So I guess it's been a while. My hair algae is gone....so here are some updated pics. It's actually from two time periods...right after I kicked the gha....and then just recently after the MASC mtg and frag swap.

So we'll start with the older stuff....he look...you can see through my glass better.

100_0663.jpg

And along that with that timeframe...

100_0656.jpg

And another...clean that glass buddy...

100_0659.jpg

And a little growth...well at least I can see it.

100_0660.jpg

More to follow

mattgreene22

So I scored some pieces at the meeting.

Here some more shots...

100_0704.jpg

100_0707.jpg

And some better looking close-ups:

Frogspawn and favia...buds already ;)

100_0699.jpg

Best seats in the house...

100_0708.jpg

Even closer...

100_0710.jpg

mattgreene22

My little yummas...now you lean against me and I'll lean against you...that way we don't have to sleep with our heads in the sand...

100_0697.jpg

AND...why should an acan not have a friend too???

100_0709.jpg

More monti updates..

100_0700.jpg

100_0702.jpg

Whatcha think??

mattgreene22

Ok...I think I've got an ID for the pink/purple monti. Found this image on ReeferMadness as part of their stock...so maybe the former owner got it from there or their supplier. Let me know if you think I got it nailed down. Thx!

plating montipora hodgsoni

pinkplating_montipora-hodgsoni_reef.jpg

mattgreene22

Lgoins - Yep...you should make sure to go next year. Interesting stuff, and you "free" frags from the demo are by themselves worth the registration fee.

Also, I gave another member my olive monti-cap with blue rim. I couldn't find it a proper permanent home in my tank's rockwork...and it was suffering for that.

Archived