inTank Media Baskets

Scarlet (red) hermits - What's up with these guys.

LiQuiD

I have always kept hermits, blue leg and zebra. They always move around scammering for food and for the most part active. I bought my first 2 red scarlet hermits and these guys barely move. One has even buried itself, shell and all with just his eyeballs sticking out. The other one has been in the same spot in front of the tank for like 5 hours now. Do these things move or what? Or are these the most docile hermit there is?

I have one large one that moves around too much. Might have to banish him to the big tank just to keep him from knocking things around. Try and get a pic of the crab in the sand, I would love to see that.

Definitely try to get a picture of that:D

I remember when I got my first scarlet he didnt move around much either. Maybe yours are still adjusting like mine were. Keep a lookout for moltings, I remember mine molting shortly after they were introduced and then they were pretty active.

Mine must be nocturnal. Every morning they are in a different place but when the lights are on they are like deer in headlights. Below are pictures of both. The one with the bumpy coraline was in that spot for like 8 hours until I went to bed. He is in a different spot now but I am sure he will be there all day as well. The other one was under the sand until I went to bed as well and is no longer were it was today.

Archived