Top Shelf Aquatics

Mushrooms Voluntarily Detaching

sr3w

I've got two very large, very attractive mushrooms that have detached from their bases on my live rock. I'm going to assume that's normal when they get big, but please correct me if I happen to be wrong! The question is: does it matter if I let them "choose" their own eventual bases, or simply attach them to a spot that I would like them to be in?

And for the attachment part, in this case or in others - will cyanoacrylate work underwater?

Scott

glue will work underwater but i have been letting it 'set up' for about 10 sec. out of water first, then submerging the frag.

they could be 'bailing' because of averse conditions or just radical changes. have they experienced great changes? or conditions changed lately? if the conditions are good then it should be ok to let the shrooms find their own homes as they're probably looking for a better position (i.e. light, water flow, etc.).

thing is they're not great roamers like an anemone. if you know their requirements it may be better for you to decide their placement. the 'on their own' method typically just has them going with the flow (literally) and end up lower in the tank, which may not necessarily be ideal depending on the species.

Archived