Top Shelf Aquatics

Which Fish

luv2jeep

For those that don't know, one of my clowns couldn't handle life in the reef anymore ... Details HERE

So, I am removing everything, scrubbing the tank and rock down, getting new Live Sand, replacing the corals and CB shrimp. Adding more corals of course!

I am getting rid of the now lone clown. So, What do you guys think ... Take the poll ...

What exactly do you mean by get rid of? It is not impossible to add another clown. It just takes a little thought and patience. If you decide to go with a different type of fish, you might want to consider a goby or an orchid dottyback if you have some hiding places.

how the hell does a single fish jumping out of the tank and landing on the floor justify tearing the entire thing down and rebuilding it from scratch? my bi-color blenny jumped out of the aquarium once while i was sitting right there, and i just plopped him back in. he would have died if i hadn't seen it. is something else going on here that you haven't mentioned??

i have a six gal with a green clown goby and an atlantic pygmy angle (cherub angle). the pygmy is so rock and roll. he leaves my corals alone, he's constantly on the move and fun to watch and he's brightly colored. easy to feed too.

i highly recommend the clown gobies too. if you can find one, the citron clown goby is bright yellow with little blue lines around the eyes. they're cool fish.

although it's such a small territory, they never fight with each other, not even over food.

so yeah, get yerself a midget angle and clown goby. carnival time.

I'm tearing down and rebuilding because I *HAD* an algae problem but after it died, the decomposing algae was left behind and clouding my water, so I decided to remove the rock and "rebuild". Also, I put the rock in piece-by-piece and now that I have enough rock, I'd like to do a better job aquascaping.

As for adding another clown, the one I have left (the female) is HUGE!!! I don't want to increase the bio-load since I do run skimmerless. Thus the idea of "fish-free" or a small fish in it's place.

Gobies and Blennies are a NO-GO because of their frequent jumping behavior.

you think that was odd flaunt....

i was working under the tank fixing something inside the stand and i had the canopy off the top of the tank.. i forget why. and all of a sudden i feel water hit my shoulder. im like wtf and look up, i only saw one clownfish in the tank im liek wheres the other one?!?!! and of course i look down and there he was flopping around. i picked him up and washed him off real quick and ploped him right back in the main tank. and hes fine!! :D that was about 2 months ago but it was scary at first.

luv2jeep sorry for getting off subject, but once your ready id add the royal gramma you cant beat that fish for such a small tank, really cool, colorfull, and have tons of personality and balls!!;)

Archived