Pod Your Reef

Newbie....PLEASE HELP!!

NanoNano32

hi guys i have a clown fish thats not doin well hes swimming all funny and not at all normally...he flutters then sinks sideways.....what do i do?? take him out? leave him......there also seems to be a little with spot on the side, can it be ick?? i dunno im completly new, i dont know what to do

thanks i hope he makes it

Probably ICH. Go to the LFS and see what they have for it. I woke up this morning and my poor Clown had a bunch of spots on him. I'm using Garlic Xtreme to kill the ICH. I going to put two drops in the food for about 6 weeks.

The ICH doesn't like the garlic in the fish, so it won't attach it's self to him. With out a host, it will die...

I'm fairly new at this too, but I did a lot of reading on it today...

if it is ich and he only has one spot go with the garlic before chemicals. sometimes the stress from them will do more harm than good. is he always fluttering and sinking? or does he swim normal sometimes? if it's only occassional check if he's watching his reflection or maybe near a potenial hosting object. if so this could just be normal behavior. if he is sick, try not to stress him by moving him and make sure your water params are in check. this way you won't be damping his immune system any further. what size tank is he in? watch for any new spots, if he only has one he may have scratched himself or been nipped by another fish(or it could be another parasite) good luck.

Archived