inTank Media Baskets

12g Capacity

coogarts

So the long-awaited day has finally come, and I begin to fill my tank up for its hopefully prosperous duration. However, being as my tank is a nano-cube 12g, why did it only take 8g of water to fill it up?

I'd be more worried if it took 24 Gallons! Because that would mean you hold the record for the fastest crack!! HA!

Did you check to make sure your back chambers filled too?

A 24 Gallon Cube actually only holds about 22 Gallons of water. I think the rating of 6 Gallon, 12 Gallon, 24 Gallon is what it would take to completely fill the tank. No one wants it completely full - that's just more water to suck out of the carpet when it POPS! HA! AGAIN!

Actually, it's not even 7.5 gallons. 12g should be the useable "show" space, not "sump" space. I'm glad I traded for mine (and didn't spend good hard earned money) because that is pretty lame and misleading by JBJ.

I don't get it. My 6 gallon Nano Cube holds over 5 gallons with 7.5 pounds of rock and 6 pounds of sand. I can't see how a 12 gallon only holds 7.5 gallons.

And none of my three other tanks holds the stated amount. My 60 holds about 53 and my 55 holds about 49. I think that is standard.

It's about 8.5 gallons if you have no sand or rock, etc. in there.

The outside dimenions, if the tank were square, would hold 12 gallons. But the tank is not square...

Yeah, a little deceiving on JBJ's part, but like someone said, they billed it as "display size". Kinda lame.

Also, if you are medicating your fish they should really let you know the true volume in the manual or something. Othewise you are overmedicating by 33% if you are dosing for 12 gallons!

I still love mine though!

I don't have a problem with the fact that my 12g NC doesn't really hold 12g. Honestly, how could the 6g and 12g be so close in size, yet one holds twice the water? However misleading this is, I didn't buy for water volume; I bought because I liked the dimensions.

Archived