ReefCleaners.org

Petsolutions and Jalli

PFB

Has anyone ordered from petsolutions – did a search on all forums and nothing came up, although I seem to remember reading about them here? Any issues with them?

Also, look at the Jalli strips that they have pictured. They look much slimmer/less tall than the ones I have seen in pictures.

Does any one know the actual dimensions of the 13 watter?

Are these maybe new styles, with a smaller foot-print? (the ones I have seen look kinda clunky, I like the looks of the JBJ more)

PFB,

I know I directed you to the website in my pm but I got curious so here are the dimensions of the jalli 13W.

Dimensions: 11 1/4 long x 4 3/8 wide x 2 1/2 tall

The light puts out a ton of heat. It gets so hot that picking it up after it has been on for a few hours can be hazardous to your health and the inhabitants of your tank (I have dropped it in the tank twice).

I was using mine on my fuge but the heat got to be too much and my caulerpa is growing well without the jalli. My fuge is facing a window, resting against it actually, and the daylight hits the tank from sunrise until about noon and then I get a reflection off the huge mirrored building across the street for about an hour or two in the afternoon.

If you plan on using the jalli, you might want to consider a micro-chiller.

My two cents are officially thrown in.

I have used petsolutions many times. They have very good prices. I have never had a problem with them before. I think they sell the penguin bio-wheel 330 for only 22 dollars.

11 1/4 long x 4 3/8 wide x 2 1/2 tall

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...e=Ultracompacts

This is the one I have. It is exactly like the picture in that link. Very nice little unit. Metal construction, looks great. I got a deal on mine. Normally I wouldn't have picked one up because I personally think they are a little expensive. :) I use it to light my 2.5 gallon nano.

http://www.petsolutions.com/cgi-bin/cgiitm...1042.170000&l=1

This picture looks nothing like the one I have. It is either a new style, or the wrong picture. However that is a good price.

Thanks guys.

I am going to call petsolutions and see if there is a new style. For it to be that small (kinda JBJ-ish), it must have an external ballist.

If so, that would cut down on heat.

I would like to fit one on top of my 3gal along with my JBJ but the current 4 inch wide model won't fit.

But, I have a friend who is starting up a 2.5 and $15 is a good deal - I payed $50 for my JBJ but it is 18watt with a combo. BTW, very little heat since remote ballist.

Archived