SaltCritters.com

Is my Pepp. Shrimp Preggers?

ross76053

So I've had two pepps for about three months now, and so far they've been great inhabitants. No aiptasia, they leave all my other stuff alone, yadda yadda yadda...

So today I notice one of them has a light-green swollen belly - really wild-looking. Have my shrimp been fornicating? I won't ask about the offspring, chances of survival, etc. - I've read all the posts - just needing to know if anyone else has had a pregnant pepp and what it looks like.

Guess I could dip a shrimp pellet in some ice cream & see if she goes for it...that'd prove the pregnancy theory. I'd post a pic, but she's too shy to catch in the open.

Should be able to spot the green eggs under all those swimmerettes under the tail. She'll go berzerk one evening, flinger herself madly into the current, and spew babies all over your tank. Your fish will be thrilled ;-)

Originally posted by hhasty79

Should be able to spot the green eggs under all those swimmerettes under the tail.  She'll go berzerk one evening, flinger herself madly into the current, and spew babies all over your tank. Your fish will be thrilled ;-)

That sounds about right:D

Cameron

Archived