Coral Vue Hydros

nassarius snails breeding / spawning ? ?

theliquidzoo

theliquidzoo

i was checking out my back compartment of my nano cube and i noticed these guys stuck to the walls.

my guess is they are nassarius snails in development...my snails do like to wrestle a lot...hey, wait...maybe that's not wrestling?

any thoughts on how to keep them?

is it good?

sir winston mulligan

i had two turbo snails bumpin uglies, and now i have babies all over my tank..id just leave them and when they get bigger you can sell or trade or give them away..heck thats a free clean up crew right there!

theliquidzoo

i'm cycling a new 21 gallon...i'm hoping they will be ready for that in time. i see the snails leaving the clear 'eggs' on the glass, but they must of detached and found their way into the back.

it's kind of exciting!

theliquidzoo

no, i have not witnessed them moving...they seem like they are still developing (if they are snails there is no shell yet).

what kind of sponge?

reef hugger

Looking at them again more closely, I know they are not nassarius snails. The size of them is too large and they don't have a shell.

Baby snails will have a shell that looks identicle to an adult shell, just smaller. There are 2 times that snails don't look like adults, one is when they are in the egg sac and the other is during the veliger stage.

I don't have a clue what kind of sponge it is, if it even is a sponge. Most likely it is harmless and they are helping filter your water.

theliquidzoo

yeah, the shell issue, i was wondering about that. aftyer thinking about it, all the other developing snails i've had snails and were tiny.

and they are non-reactive if i poke at the snorkel looking thing.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

i have tonnes of those in my filter. some are as big as a dollar coin with many many fingers. there sponges for sure. you'll probably find them all over the dark areas of your lr also.

Archived