Coral Vue Hydros

Renegade crab!!!

DeskJockey

Its confirmed my emerald crab has gone renegade!! Saturday night I was watching him cleansome rock and then he spotted my xenia. He reached out for the polyps and had a few in his

grasps but didnt snip. I felt relieved ??? and then he continued over and found my capnella. He lookedat it and used both claws to remove a new branch!!!:o I grabbed my pipette to lure him away and he began fighting with it! He grabbed the pipette a few times and then retreated into the rock. The next morning the poor capnella was missing another branch and its retracted itself to the size of a walnut. :*(

I donÂ’t want to kill him but I donÂ’t want to loose my capnella either. IÂ’ve trapped other crabs with bait at the bottom of a glass but they were all attracted to a chunk of fish. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get him out? I swear Im going to spear him if I catch him doing it again!:angry:

a tall glass cup set next to the rock with bait at the bottom of the glass should do the trick. they check in but can't check out w/o any clawholds. or bait him with one hand and chopstick snatch him with the other.

it's tasted coral, it can't go back! :angry: i'm actually surprised he went for the capnella first over the xenia! crabbie pattie time!

Here is a pic of my renegade crab. Sorry for the bad picture. I was walking by and saw him tearing at my capnella:*( I grabbed my camera but forgot to hit the macro button!!! Of course he knew I was ####ed because as soon as I put the camera down the little basterd was gone! Then this morning he was doing it again!! Im going to kill that little POS!!!:angry: The next picture I post will be of him on the end of my icepick!!

For all of you thinking about getting an emerald crab...let this picture burn onto the back of your brain!!!

Archived