ReefCleaners.org

last resort

Crakeur

Dave ESPI: Thanks for the warning:o I was about to go the full two days but I felt bad, so I went ahead and introduced some light sssslooowlyyyyy. When I was able to get the actinics up, I noticed that the snails and crabs had cleaned a WHOLE lot of the hair algae. I siphoned the rock and some of the heavly infested gravel and did a water change. I'll be testing it tomorrow to see where my parameters are at (worried). The corals looked ok execpt I lost a small head from the frogspawn:*( That's the Last time (knock on wood **) I'm gonna try that. But it seemed to work.

DeskJockey: You are soo right about that stuff. I even diluted it and It still was way too much. I called my LFS right away after reading this and they were cool about taking it back for credit or for some DT's. I should have just stuck with the DT'sX)

BCOrchidGuy: I have A zoomed powersweep on it and a new zoomed regular PH. I just did the monthly on them, and I didn't notice any corrosion at all. But that is now something that I will keep an eye on. Thanks!

Using a rio and a minipowerhead. Need to score some suction cups for the rio. Those things suck and blow. since putting in the algone and attacking the hair with a toothbrush, things have started looking up. Still working on removal by hand. So far I am winning this battle but algae has a way of blooming fast.

Archived