SaltCritters.com

Having some flow issues

ClarkiiClown

ClarkiiClown

Ok I have had a 12DX up and running for almost 7 months now. I have noticed a bit of a cyano outbreak. AAAAHHHHH it is in the back corner under the Eheim 600 in the display. I Have a Maxijet in the back in the 3rd chamber(stock spot). I was wondering what effect I would get if I added a small pump to the first chamber or moved the Maxi to the first chamber.

I have already ordered a Hydor should be here in 2 days......

Any other suggestions??

As soon as I mention chemicals, all the hippies run outta the woodwork and whine about nature and good husbandry, etc. When you're tired of waiting for your corrected husbandry practices to fix your cyano issue, use Chemi-Clean...as directed. Its great for cyano. Two days...gone. $9 per bottle at LFS.

ClarkiiClown

My levels are all good. That was the first thing I checked. That is why I contribute it to a low flow problem...

Hopefully I don't get flamed. I run a 12DX and also had a cyano outbreak. I knew it was a flow issue. The tank is balanced and water is fine. I used the Boyd's CC and it cleared up in less than 36 hours. I was nervous as I have quite a few expensive things in there.

Usually I swear off chemicals. And I agree it could be water quality and you should rule that out. But I tell ya, I was incredibly impressed. Not only did my cyano disappear, but my water is crystal clear. No ill effects. My sand is pure white, the eggcrate looks brand new (still visible).

Increase flow, do some 2G water changes and use some of the CC.

ClarkiiClown

Well I just treated the tank with the CC. Took out my chemipure bag and added an airstone for added O2. I like the boyd products so Im sure it will work. I noticed that it also oxidizes sludge and sediments. We will see....... I will update the tread in a couple of days.

I am also having flow issues in our nanocube 12. We had a hair algae outbreak in the back RH corner. Nowhere else, just there. Water parmeters have always been pretty good. I am interested to see how the Hydor works for you. Keep us posted.

Archived