Top Shelf Aquatics

7 Gallon Mini-Bow Nano Update

mattdog

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to write and say that my ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites are all at zero!  My S.G. is at 1.023 steady and my pH is at 8.3.  

I don't have much negative algal growth since the tank is so new and the hermits I got are complete workhorses.  This spawns a stocking question.  Should I get the snails that I want first or should I go ahead and get the false percula?  Seems like if I got the fish first that it would create some waste for the snails to consume.  Any help on this front would be greatly appreciated.  

P.S.  I inherited some macroalgae on my liverock that I didn't notice until this morning.  This is probably the reason for the low nitrates.  I noticed it because it grew so that it was barely sticking out from behind the big rock on the left hand side of my tank.  This is awesome!

i would get the fish first. if the snails have noithing to eat then they will starve and die which will cause your tank to crash...well it most likely wont be that bad unless all the snails died at once but you get what imn sayin

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.  The same friend that gave me the LR is still breaking his big tank down and has a "true pair" of falsies that are about 4 mo old and he wants me to have them.  I think I'll add them later this week and then in about another week, go and get some snails and a cleaner shrimp.  

From there, hopefully I can go get a few corals!  :)

awesome mattdogg. I want a pair of clowns myself. maybe i will take a trip to my LFS and get some this weekend.

I hope pics are coming.....

Archived